View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 12:13 PM
mistresssewine

I test drove all of those machines, visited every quilt shop and show that I could. Each machine has its good and not so good points. Service becomes very important. It doesn't do any good to save a few dollars on one model, have problems, and then find out that the one service person will get to you in a few weeks. I ended up with a Gammill and each and every time I have called Accomplish Quilting, where I purchased, or for that matter, Touch of Thread, I have been very pleased. I needed a small part replaced and it was put in the mail that same day. Another time, I was just brain dead and couldn't figure out something so I called. If I had it to do again, I would do the Gammill. I did revisit all of the displays at the Cleveland Quilt Show this year just to see if I would make the same decision again....Yes I would. I even spent some time talking to the Gammill rep. He knew I didn't purchase from them and stated it did not matter...give him a call if I needed anything. Look at the quality of the parts, the sturdiness of the stands and good luck.