Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone have the Grace Cutie Quilt Frame? >

Anyone have the Grace Cutie Quilt Frame?

Anyone have the Grace Cutie Quilt Frame?

Old 01-22-2022, 07:33 PM

One-by-One, Yes I have a Cutie Frame that I just couldn't get the hang of. If you're still interested, please write me a PM.

All I can say about price is that it's going to be a pleasant surprise.
Old 01-23-2022, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
I've also been wondering what customers think of the Cutie frame. Interesting how yours was backordered for almost an entire year, Onebyone.

I watched how many free products that the Grace Company was giving away a few months ago and I wondered if anyone actually received their giveaways. They gave away thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, it actually made me question the value of their products. I can understand a company giving away one quilting machine to promote their business, but giving away half a dozen or more quilting machines, plus all the lightbars, cutie frames and stuff, it has me thinking.
I have a Q'nique 21 set up that I have owned and used for over 3 years. I'm very happy with it. It includes the light bar, which was part of the package I bought, and the Quilters Creative Touch computerized quilting. It was/is worth the money I paid. (I only quilt for myself and charity quilts.)

if the light bar had not been included, i probably could have found a less expensive 'after market' alternative, though.

I like Handiquilter and would have been happy to purchase one of their machines, but, for somewhat comparable sized set up, the price would have been twice what I paid.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:13 AM

I won one of Grace's quilt shows and they sent me a cheque here in Canada, no problem. I'm also on a FB page for Grace users and I've seen a number of posts of people who have shown pictures of the long arm set up that they won during the contest. I don't think they are being dishonest in any way.

Watson
Old 01-25-2022, 08:41 AM

I'm glad the hear that the giveaways were legit, Watson. Now I know to keep registering for their events and keeping my fingers crossed! I have been eyeing their qnique 15R but right now my budget is nowhere ready.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
I won one of Grace's quilt shows and they sent me a cheque here in Canada, no problem. I'm also on a FB page for Grace users and I've seen a number of posts of people who have shown pictures of the long arm set up that they won during the contest. I don't think they are being dishonest in any way.

Watson
I am really glad to hear this as well. Good to know they are an ethical company which means I won't hesitate to buy from them in the future.
Old 07-10-2022, 11:51 PM

Default Cutie Frame

Originally Posted by SewQuiltyElf View Post
I've still yet to see an actual review on the Grace Cutie Frame itself that is not associated with someone trying to sell one. Not with the Juki or other machine on it. Just the frame. How easy is it to load? How easy it is to reposition and line up to start stitching where you left off after repositioning? How smooth does it travel on the frame? Is there anything you dislike about it?

I purchased a Cutie Frame recently after moving house..... I previously had an Innova longarm on a 12 foot frame but it wouldn't fit into the new home. I have used the Cutie once. I found the handles position troublesome especially when doing ruler work. As you move towards you to stitch you almost need an arm extension to maintain hold on the ruler and/or stand sideways to allow the handles to move the machine forward so that was a problem for me. My back felt twisted. If you tilt the handles upward, you will have less depth to move your machine and this will limit your quilting space even more. Tipping upor down doesn't solve the coming forward problem. The fame is 4 foot long but you can expect to only have about 36 -38 inches of real sewing space so that is limiting ,but I guess you figure that in when you are space challenge and looking at this option. I also did not like having to keep repositioning the quilt as I felt I lost continuity and my curves suffered greatly. And for me, the clamping system was onerous. The clamps themselves can be a challenge if you have arthritis- quite tight and feel like they might break (but they didn't). If you have lots of piecing on your quilt it feels like you are stretching your seams when you clamp. I used the Cutie with my Janome M7- the machine was terrific and I did also purchase a Sure Stitch Elite and can honestly say the stitching consistency was good. Packing it away is not quite as easy as the videos showed. The videos show the frame being put away but not the carriage. You will need to find somewhere safe for both. If like me you put the Sure Stitch on, you will need to provide the encoders with significant protection when storing. All up...I think if you are just starting out this could be a good launching pad and I am the first to acknowledge that it is difficult to go from a longarm to this system. For me, if it had been say another 18 inches wider, had an improved clamping system (dare I say it- more like Handi Quilter), and had over the top/front handles, I would have adapted well. It seems the available options in Australia are far more limited sadly as I really like the Grace quality. I don't find domestic quilting satisfactory for me either so I am going to reconfigure my furniture and sacrifice other things (walking space and storage LOL) that are not as precious so I can purchase a smaller longarm. I would suggest trying to test drive with a real quilt (ie bigger than 48 inches wide) rather than the sample of a small less than 48 inch quilt that you might see in a showroom or at a show. I don't think I can get a refund for mine so I am disappointed.