Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Harbor Freight Blades >
  • Harbor Freight Blades

• Harbor Freight Blades

Old 06-24-2011, 04:00 PM
    Power Poster

Have had one in mine for several months and it's still cutting good. Glad someone posted about them, saves lots of money.
    Old 06-24-2011, 09:20 PM

The difference is in the hole in the blade....the notched holes will not fit Martelli cutters. The round holes will, as well as Fiskar's. HF has a round hole so if you are trying to use it in an Olfa cutter, it will not perform.[/quote]

I have a martelli cutter and they fit fine I have no problem with mine I do clean them well before I put them in my cutter....
    they fit the olfa I have too....
    Old 06-24-2011, 09:38 PM

JoanneS]I've noticed that HF blades don't work in my Martelli cutter, but they do work in my Olfa & Fiskars cutters. I've had 1 bad blade out of the 5 or 6 I've tried so far. That still makes the price ok for me![/quote]

I have a martelli cutter and they work great haven't had a problem but my friend had one but it was because it seemed like it had more oil on them in the package cleaned them off well and they worked fine she also had a martelli cutter i love that cutter.....
    Old 06-24-2011, 11:32 PM

I use them all the time and no problems, when my blades do go bad, I use them in a separate rotary cutter clearly marked paper. Great for cutting birthday or Christmas wrap etc. YOu can get a lot of miles on them for this. I still think it is a bargain. I have had name brands that didn't hold up after a short time, so I have no issue with them.
    Old 06-25-2011, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by sunflower126
    After reading all of the wonderful comments about these blades I went to HF and bought 6 pkgs. They were on sale. However I am very disappointed. The first two blades cut through a single layer only and leaving several threads uncut. The last two blades won't even cut through a single layer. I've tried turning the blades over thinking I may have put it on wrong. Anyone else have these problems? Bought them awhile ago and didn't save receipt so I guess I'll have to save my JoAnn's coupons and go invest in the real thing. UGH!
    I agree. I bought some of these and used them for awhile. One day I had to use one of my other cutters that had an original blade not harbor freight one. I was shocked. This blade was easier to cut with. So I am back to using the blades from fabric shop and not harbor freight.
    Old 06-26-2011, 08:37 PM

Mine worked great also. Cut 4 layers at a time. You might have gotten a bad pack. The info about turnig your mats over is good to know. Thank you ladies for that info.
    Robin in TX
    Old 06-29-2011, 01:35 PM

I have been unable to find the blades at Harbor Freight. Do you know where they are located in the store.
    Old 06-29-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by patsyo56721
    I have been unable to find the blades at Harbor Freight. Do you know where they are located in the store.
    Carpet and Floor layers supplies. They are called Carpet Cutter Replacement Blades. They are right near the knee pads they wear..hope this helps!
    Old 06-29-2011, 03:19 PM

Mine cut beautifully. You can't convince me that carpet is easier to cut than a couple layers of cotton!
    Old 06-29-2011, 04:04 PM

Sorry, but remember the old saying "You get what you pay for!" The blades that I recommend and sell in my online store are made by KAI. They are packaged individually because they're extremely sharp, and are made of Tungsten Japanese Steel which means they last a long time. The problem with these bargain blades is they're using low quality and sometimes recycled steel.

Happy Scissoring,

The Scissorman