Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How old is your oldest UFO? >
  • How old is your oldest UFO?

• How old is your oldest UFO?

Old 07-24-2011, 01:06 PM

4 months, it's my red white and blue, I'm waiting for the perfect backing.
    Old 07-25-2011, 08:04 AM

My oldest is 17 years old. Hope to get it finished quilted this fall. I have made and finished several during this time. This one I am quilting 1/4" inside each square and it is a Jacobs ladder. I quilt by hand until my hands give out them put it away for a while and do something else. O currently have three other projects underway.
    Old 07-25-2011, 08:23 AM

Mine is from about 1986---my first quilt. I had taken a class and we were making a wall hanging (every stitch by hand) and I thought it was cute so decided to make a bed size (what did I know). I chose a teal color and next thing I knew (with the shop owner "help") it became a brown quilt with teal accents. I hate brown most of the time. Periodically I get it out and work on the hand applique part. Oh, and after I bought all the fabric, she informed me that the whole quilt would have to be made by hand because the machine stitching would stretch the blocks out to a bigger size.
    Old 07-25-2011, 08:23 AM

Mine is from about 1986---my first quilt. I had taken a class and we were making a wall hanging (every stitch by hand) and I thought it was cute so decided to make a bed size (what did I know). I chose a teal color and next thing I knew (with the shop owner "help") it became a brown quilt with teal accents. I hate brown most of the time. Periodically I get it out and work on the hand applique part. Oh, and after I bought all the fabric, she informed me that the whole quilt would have to be made by hand because the machine stitching would stretch the blocks out to a bigger size.

Sorry, I must have pushed the button twice and I don't seem to find a delete button.
    Old 07-25-2011, 08:39 AM

LOL!!I have a GRANDMOTHER'S FLOWER GARDEN,that I started w/ my 1st pregnancy, worked on it ---only on MONDAYS, on slow mondays @ work(hairdresser). My 1st born ended up - TWINS- who just turned 36!!!my yellow paths are ending up 3 shades of yellow( didn't put the yellow away) have sewn it together, need to some hexs on outside edge, then the top will be done! SAD PART- I had finished all the FLOWERS all those years ago & just needed to do the connector paths!
    Old 07-26-2011, 07:58 AM

Hand quilting now on a small black, white and red sampler I must have pieced 35 years ago!
    Old 07-26-2011, 08:00 AM

I am SO glad I am not the only one who has this issue. It makes me feel so much better.
    Old 07-29-2011, 01:22 PM

I only have two of my own, but I don't call them UFO's. They are works in progress.

I have three I bought from the 30's, so I'd say mine are about 75 years old give or take a couple of years. :0)
    Old 07-29-2011, 02:16 PM

Depends.

I have a large t-shirt wallhanging I haven't gotten around to quilting and binding. That's going on about 8 or 9 months old.

Right now I'm working on a series of stained glass style wallhangings based off some windows in one of my favorite video games. I've been working on it since January, but I had the idea since '07 or '08. I even tried to attempt making it back then, but gave up when I couldn't find good images to work off of. So if that counts then my oldest would be 3-4 years old.