Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • Where Is....   questions >
  • Where Is.... questions

• Where Is.... questions

Old 11-07-2011, 05:01 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanneS
    I changed my settings, and I don't like what I changed to, but i can't find General Settings again to change back.
    HELP!!!!!!!!!
    JoanneS
    on the menu at the very tippy top of the page, where you log in, there is Settings. you can also get there through Home/Forum Actions/Settings
    Old 11-07-2011, 05:04 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kappy
    This is not an answer to your question, but I haven't been able to figure out how to start a new topic...feel free to answer that question too, but my question is ....drum roll please...Under Thread display Mode there are choices (oh so many choices) Linear Mode, Switch to Hybrid Mode, Threaded.....what do they mean.
    In order to start a new thread, begin on the Home page. then choose the topic/section that fits your situation. within the section, at the top left is a blue oval with Post New Thread. The other you ask about is to see the Threads in the same manner as on the old QB or to view them so the replies appear as connected to the post that was replied to. just click on it and see if you like one or the other. it is easy to switch back and forth.
    Old 11-07-2011, 05:06 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dkm
    I'm still finding my way around, but seem to be getting some of the post that I have read. Is there a way to mark the post after you have read it.
    I was a die-hard read from Unread Topics gal. I was very unhappy to hear that it would no longer be available. I saw a post from one of our members and can’t recall who that was. Their tip was to scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Archive in the Contact Us menu bar. Then choose the Forum/Section that you want to read from. As you read the posts in that Section, your computer changes the color of it. Then you can move to the next Thread that has not yet changed color. This really satisfies my Unread Topics fix.
    Old 11-07-2011, 07:54 PM

Default Where do i find "unread" topics

Ok..Im sure there is some thread already on "UNREAD" topics, but I dont have the time to search the entire board looking for it. Could someone please explain how to view just the unread topics?? Thanks in advance. Oh wait...what the heck is a "tag". for example: You may add 5 tags to this thread. What the heck does that mean? sorry... not all of us are total computer geeks
    Old 11-08-2011, 06:12 PM

Exclamation Where's the things I used to have at the top of the page?

OMGoshomitey! I'm about to get sick! I am a newbie to this forum but have already found so many wonderful things and put them in little folders or groups and now I can't find them!!!! AARRRGGGHHHH.... Can somebody please help?

Trying to calm down and think.... I can't remember what it was called but ladies were talking about the differences from bookmarking and such. These "folders" would hold an indefinite amount.... I would copy and paste the links to these folders..... Is this making any sense? Just when I was figuring out how to get around it up and changes. And can you tell I don't do great with change?
    Old 11-08-2011, 06:33 PM

Default Just one question about new design of board

I lied. I have too many questions but the first one is- how do I determine if I already viewed that thread??? and where will I find the answer to this thread??
    Old 11-08-2011, 06:36 PM
    Power Poster

Are they under settings- then on the left side ?
    Old 11-08-2011, 06:38 PM

OK take a deep breath, we're all here to help you!!!

I looked in your "blog" and see a bunch of stuff that you have saved. There's a few different ways to get to it, here's one. Click on the word "BLOGS" in the black stripe up near the top of the page, then click on "My Blog".

Is this the stuff you're looking for? Post again if not, and I, or somebody else, will be around to help. It's all here, just takes a little bit to get used to the new look and feel....I love it!
    Old 11-09-2011, 06:34 AM

Default How do I search within a given forum?

I wanted to search this forum (QB Help Center) to see if my question had already been asked, but Advanced Search does not provide that option-- at least I haven't found it. How does one search within a given forum?

Thanks!

-- Jillaine
    Old 11-09-2011, 05:34 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by jillaine
    I wanted to search this forum (QB Help Center) to see if my question had already been asked, but Advanced Search does not provide that option-- at least I haven't found it. How does one search within a given forum?
    Thanks!
    -- Jillaine
    You were on the right road...
    In Advanced Search, the default is the second tab at the top. Click the first tab and go to Additional Options. You will find QB Help Center to be the last choice on the list.