Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What are you making for your MEN this Christmas??? >
  • What are you making for your MEN this Christmas???

• What are you making for your MEN this Christmas???

Old 11-08-2011, 08:43 PM

I'm making my DH a long-awaited John Deere tractor quilt with a picture of him and his JD2950 on the front. It has cattle blocks, denim blocks and a couple pics of his tractor "feeding the cattle" with round bales. I'm using a vintage fleece for the backing. Can't post a picture because it is loaded on my frame ready to quilt! Will try to post when it is done if I can figure out how to post pictures....
    Old 11-08-2011, 09:30 PM

Most of these gifts get given when they are done. We don't exchange holiday gifts, but I have a bunch of birthdays coming up. For the guys: TV caddy for the remotes, pillow cases, carry bags for Kindle and Netbook. My bro is also getting a custom snack sack that features storage not only for snack but his Aqua Fin and MP3 player (physical therapy and other appointments). I also have to get started on his long awaited Japanese fabric panel quilt. Hope to get that laid out and cut next week.

Thanks for the reminder tip about those rice bags. I need to make some of those as well.
    Old 11-08-2011, 09:42 PM
    Jim

I've completed a quilt with a deer panel (bought it from someone here) bordered with a leaf fabric then cut out leaves and appliqued them into the other borders...this is for my son...my SIL is getting a Car quilt in blacks and whites...has muscle cars on it. I used the iron on patterns I bought from Hobby Lobby($1.49) then I drew over the lines with black permanent fabric markers adding black and white checkered flag material also. My 4 grandson are getting quilts with there favorite cartoon characters appliqued on them and some PJ's
    Old 11-08-2011, 10:30 PM

I making my husband a quilt out of batiks. I just need to do it when he is not home. Next week he will be gone for three almost four days for a conference and wouldn't you know it that I have appointments and guild meetings on three of the days. Arg! But lounge pants would be cool. If any of the have an iPad, a quilted cover to protect it when traveling would be great.
    Old 11-09-2011, 12:18 AM

I am doing the sleep pants also. Another thing I made was cell phone covers & key fobs for the guys.
    Old 11-09-2011, 01:12 AM

Ever since I bought my first machine my DH said no to quilts, but I have a simple pattern for an Ohio State rag quilt that I already made for oldest son, have youngest sons on the table started, and enough material left over for Bobs.
    Old 11-09-2011, 06:27 AM

I am going to make my Dad a cover for the top of his chair. My parents just bought a new set of reclining chairs and Mom always covers my Dad's with a towel. I thought it would be good to piece and quilt a cover that will slip over it.
    Old 11-13-2011, 02:45 PM

thanks for all of the great ideas!
    Old 11-13-2011, 02:51 PM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Let's see...always pajama pants for both my husband and my son. Also for my husband I am making a quilted wall hanging for his office, and if I have time a fleece meditation cloak. If not, that will be for his birthday in January.