Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • pantograph >
  • pantograph

• pantograph

Old 06-19-2019, 12:37 PM

I lay out my pantograph on the back table and use a small camera to be able to see the laser light on a monitor that is mounted on the front. I love this system. It saves me a lot of walking back and forth and is a bit easier on my back. I can even sit down if it is a fairly easy design.
    Old 06-19-2019, 05:05 PM

I got a 404 error when I clicked on the link.
    Old 06-19-2019, 07:53 PM

I'm not sure that describing it as doing a panto from the front is very accurate as you can only do a small area when working with the laser light on the front. I will sometimes take a single design drawing and either pin to the quilt or use the clear acrylic DeLoa Jones table on the frame and make the one design. Then you have to move everything and repeat or change to new design. I only do it when I' wanting an involved motif since it's a tedious way to do a quilt--if I want a repeating design I will just FMQ from the front (I rarely do pantos)
    Old 06-19-2019, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by cathyvv
    I got a 404 error when I clicked on the link.
    I got that, too, but you can still find it with the menu at the left. There is a video of her demonstrating use of the table. It would not work on my Gammill because it needs to lay flat (level) and I don't have a dead bar, only a take up bar. If it's not level the image will be distorted when you stitch it out.
    Old 06-20-2019, 08:44 AM

I only quilt with pantos and place the paper on the shelf above my quilt and stand at the front of the quilt. My laser light follows the pattern and I do an edge-to-edge repeat. I have only a 9" throat on my machine, so I make sure that each line of pattern is no more than 3 inches so that when the pick-up roll gets too big, I can still continue to quilt.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0381.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	687.0 KB
ID:	614025  
    Old 12-11-2019, 06:18 PM

Can you give more details about your camera and monitor setup? I am very interested in trying this. The cables, type of camera, and type of monitor are details that would be greatly appreciated. I would love to make it work with my iPad so that I could just take it to the quilter when I'm ready to do a panto. Thanks for your help.
    Old 12-11-2019, 09:20 PM
    Gay

Here is the info for Deloas' pantograph table, with video

https://www.deloasquiltshop.com/coll...ts/laser-table
    Old 12-15-2019, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by twhvlr
    I lay out my pantograph on the back table and use a small camera to be able to see the laser light on a monitor that is mounted on the front. I love this system. It saves me a lot of walking back and forth and is a bit easier on my back. I can even sit down if it is a fairly easy design.
    Could you post a picture of your setup, particularly the connections from camera to monitor (or tablet). What type of camera did you buy. Thanks for your help! I am trying to decide what to buy to do this myself.
    Old 07-05-2020, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by twhvlr
    I too, would love to know what camera and how you hooked it all up! A picture would be great, thanks!
    Old 07-06-2020, 03:26 AM

I have a hard time doing panto's from the backside. My first row is always ok, but lining up to start additional rows has always been a problem for me...my spacing is never right. Maybe this front side panto would be better??