Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR II Group 6  Pictures >

IRR II Group 6 Pictures

IRR II Group 6 Pictures

Old 04-25-2010, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands
Oh WOW!!!!!!
There just aren't enough words to describe it! Its absolutely AMAZING!!! I Love it!
*Happy happy happy dance* :-D :-D :-D
Well, aren't you just a bright ray of sunshine!
I am soooo glad!
secret: I didn't read your note until AFTER I had made all my plans.
I was born and raised at the mouth of the Columbia River, on a peninsula ... the seagulls were on one side of the peninsula ... and the geese lived on the other side, migrating over our fields on the back side ... Our area was known as the graveyard of ships, since so many failed to make it over the bar, into the safety of the harbors ... strategically, the peninsula is the western most part of the United States except for Alaska, and the Lighthouse that signalled the entry to the big river is named Cape Disappointment.
As you can see, when I saw your lighthouse center, I had a lot of "history" to guide me ...
I am really glad that I was able to add to your delight.
One silly story - - In the corners, I was going to put a quarter of a paper pieced star to compliment the star Bev had included. So, I went on to Quilter's Cache, found the diamond and star block, it was perfect!
Copied out the pattern and began piecing it ... LOOOONG learning curve, but I managed to get all eight pieces ready to stitch together and! One side was almost a quarter inch bigger than the other side!
Lesson learned! WHen copying out someone else's pattern? Make sure the mirror images are the same size before you use up the LAST bit of good red you have for the project! LOL
See?
I told you I had STORIES involved in this round <g> <wave>
Old 04-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Power Poster

THats too funny....but doesn't it always happen like that??? Maybe we should include a note about our "happenings" with the borders as they go....its too late now, but that would have been fun too...a little mini journal.....
Old 04-27-2010, 05:14 PM

Thank you everyone-I enjoy working on these.
Now for the Good News Bad News......
Bad News first.....
Donna's top and my replacement top came back to me today :-( I am going to take pictures of the absolutely mangled packaging as soon as the camera is done charging. I have no idea what happened to it but somehow the front of the package got ripped and took off Bev's name and top half of her address which is why I am assuming (and thanking God) it came back to me.
Now for the good news:
Everything inside was packaged very well so nothing was damaged. There are no holes, tears, stains or rips in any of the tops. Thank God again! I will remail these two tomorrow but I am wondering if there is a service other than the USPS I can use?
Hugs
April
Old 04-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Thank God again! I will remail these two tomorrow but I am wondering if there is a service other than the USPS I can use?April

April, use FedEx or UPS. It may cost a little more, but it's a better service and you won't need to worry about it.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:35 AM

April, I'm so glad both centers are okay, and your only other choices are FedEx or UPS as far as I know, but sending them to Canada that way may be very expensive.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:49 AM

Donna
You and me both :-) I am so unimpressed with our postal service of late...they complain they don't make enough but look at the service they are giving :evil:
I wonder if DHL still does international? I will have to look in to all three to see what is most cost efficient.
Hugs
April
Old 04-28-2010, 03:52 AM

My experience with the PO is that if I insure it they are much more careful with it.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:16 AM

Mary
My PO told me I can not insure it to Canada-is this incorrect?
Hugs
April
Old 04-28-2010, 04:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Mary
My PO told me I can not insure it to Canada-is this incorrect?
Hugs
April
You CAN insure it to Canada, but remember that the person you send it to is going to have to pay a tax based on the insured amount. I insured a doll quilt for $200.00 and my partner had to pay more than $40.00 to get it.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:03 AM

Ahh thanks Gai maybe that is why I was informed no insurance. Gee I would appreciate some input from either Bev or our fearless group leader on what to do.
Hugs
April