Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
This is My First Charm Mini, My First Appliqued Mini and ...... >

This is My First Charm Mini, My First Appliqued Mini and ......

This is My First Charm Mini, My First Appliqued Mini and ......

Old 04-29-2010, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Miss Purple Shoes
Wow! I love it. I have been meaning to have a go at this since a previous post, now I am gonna do it! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring me to get my stash out and go for it! The wonky border is just so right for this quilt.
Thank you sooo much, Miss Purple Shoes!! I had been wondering how much progress you had made on your little mini like this, but now I'm glad this post is circulating again to get you going on it!! Yes, that wonky border was so fun and my very next post will have another one of those borders. Do a wonky border on yours and go for it. We all are anxiously awaiting to see it!! :thumbup:
Old 04-29-2010, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by quiltluvr
Don't know how I missed this one! Another fabulous job!

But, my word, I'd have to take some kind of medication to be able to do that, especially that 3.75" x 5" mini. So in the meanwhile, I'll fully enjoy and appreciate your talents.
It's so easy to miss something here on the board!! Thank you sooooo much, quiltluvr!! Yes, we miniaturists create for those who can't to bring joy to another area of quilting that's just as exciting as the Big Boys. Hope you are enjoying our "little baby bears." :D :D ;) :lol: :roll:
Old 04-29-2010, 11:09 AM

i loved your orangepeel quilt, could i ask u for the pattern and the size of your blocks please...i liked the larged one..... could u send it to me at [email protected]..... thank u very much.....libby
Old 04-29-2010, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by TEXMEXGAL
i loved your orangepeel quilt, could i ask u for the pattern and the size of your blocks please...i liked the larged one..... could u send it to me at [email protected]..... thank u very much.....libby
Hi Libby! Thank you for loving my orange peel charm! As I mentioned in the introduction on the first page, the blocks finish at 2" (so you would cut 2.5" blocks) and the pattern is posted on the 1st page right after the pic of mini #2. The leaves and blocks are all the same size for both minis. Just rt. click on the pattern piece and save the link to your files. I will send you the pattern piece by email if that doesn't work for you. JFYI, it's best not to post your email addy online but just send a PM (private message) to the person you want by clicking on their name and clicking on "send a PM" so the whole wide world doesn't get your address. Use wisdom and be cautious :D ! I am so excited you're going to make this mini! I just really love it too and learned from my mistakes with this one. The next time I do another orange peel, I will sew the whole grid together first and then applique the leaves last. This allows you to see your margins better for the tips to come together more precisely. Also, another trick I did was turn some of my foundation pieces to the wrong side. This is really effective if you want to minimize some of the prints you are using in order to show up the orange peel better. I did piece the blocks together first and appliqued the leaves last on this mini, but I wish now I would have sewn all the rows together first and appliqued the leaves on then. But each quilt is a learning lesson with the different blocks. Wishing you success on your mini and PM me if you have questions or need me to email all the info you need. Thanks again, Libby, I'm looking forward to seeing you post your creation of Orange Peel! :-D :-D :-D
Old 04-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Banned

very very pretty
Old 04-29-2010, 12:39 PM

So tiny! The curves are awesome. Pretty! :-D
Old 04-29-2010, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bevanger
very very pretty
Thank you, Bev!!!
:D :D :D
Old 04-29-2010, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by TammyD
So tiny! The curves are awesome. Pretty! :-D
Yes, I think I want to try one even smaller than this size! Now I know I'm crazy! Thank you, Patty, for loving my mini and your very nice compliments!!

:-D :-D ;)
Old 04-29-2010, 04:23 PM

N2SCRAPLVR, you are too much with your yummy treats in your avatar! that Ice cream cone looks good enough to eat.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
N2SCRAPLVR, you are too much with your yummy treats in your avatar! that Ice cream cone looks good enough to eat.
I love being decorative with food too! I'm at a crossroad called "patchwork desserts." haha. I try to post something different each day to help you decide which after-dinner desserts to fix. hahahha. I have it bad for sweets and I should have been a Pastry Chef but the Lord has other ideas! haha. :D