Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Socks on the floor syndrome >

Socks on the floor syndrome

Socks on the floor syndrome

Old 04-29-2010, 06:59 PM

after we had been married 17 years, and I had sorted his socks mated them folded them and put them in his drawer. I saw him one morning turning his sock inside out, when I said what are you doing? he said I thought it was wrong side out. I figured after 17 years and he didn't even notice I was doing it, went to the store and bought him a dozen pair of black socks all the same,donated all the socks in his drawer, and the past 18 years they get washed put in his drawer if some of them are inside out he has to deal with it. I will keep him anyway.
GG
Old 04-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
I ask what do you want for dinner before hubby leaves for work...he says the same thing..whatever you make. I make it..and he says..well...I don't really feel like eating that...grrrrr...
I love the refridgerator blindness...my son had that as a kid..now I know it was a conspiracy...they must have a special class in high school for that. Men..LOL :hunf:
no, it's a monthly men's meeting, where they all get together and rub off on each other...makes me think of butt sniffing dogs!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Nightly snack that plate etc. is left in family room. Walks right through kitchen to go upstairs! DUH!!! No TP on roll!!! Fixed this one, started leaving the roll the way I found it. Now you get up with your dirty butt to get a roll!! Things have definitely improved!!
ROFLOUT LOUD!!!! shewee...that's just nasty!!!!
but I love it! ;-)
Old 04-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Power Poster

I am quite sure I exasperate my husband just as much as he does me...Both of us spent quite a few years living alone with our respective kids before we got together, so we are quite set in our ways (some of which are a bit peculiar!). Guess it's love that keeps us together...what's that old saying "can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em".
Old 04-29-2010, 07:38 PM

I appreciated that my now-ex would put his dirty clothes in a pile on one side of the bed. He would also help put away clothes.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:54 PM

These are just a few of the reasons I am happily divorced. I love living by myself! Any mess is mine.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:32 AM

My adult son moved back home 3 weeks ago. I was away for a week's business trip--- when I got home, my son said, "why haven't you taken the pillow to DH yet? I don't know how you live with him. (not his father) I laughed. Then my DH said, "How can you put up with the DS? " I laughed. Both said they missed me and my "nagging". Guess they need a traffic controller here to tell them what to do.
Men are impossible- at any age.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:39 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by rismstress
My adult son moved back home 3 weeks ago. I was away for a week's business trip--- when I got home, my son said, "why haven't you taken the pillow to DH yet? I don't know how you live with him. (not his father) I laughed. Then my DH said, "How can you put up with the DS? " I laughed. Both said they missed me and my "nagging". Guess they need a traffic controller here to tell them what to do.
Men are impossible- at any age.
That cracks me up. But I know how that feels to be traffic controller for your family.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:02 AM

When my daughter lived at home she did do her own laundry, but would leave her's in the dryer. She wears a uniform and every morning would run the dryer to get the wrinkles out, but leave the rest in there. Once I took her clothes out and put on top of the dryer, not folded, so I could use the dyer for DH and my clothes. She said that I was rude not to have folded her clothes, much discussion about that. From then on, I would take her clothes out to use the dryer, but I always but them back in when I was finished. I never did see the difference between wrinkled in dyer or wrinkled on top of dyer.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by puck116
When my daughter lived at home she did do her own laundry, but would leave her's in the dryer. She wears a uniform and every morning would run the dryer to get the wrinkles out, but leave the rest in there. Once I took her clothes out and put on top of the dryer, not folded, so I could use the dyer for DH and my clothes. She said that I was rude not to have folded her clothes, much discussion about that. From then on, I would take her clothes out to use the dryer, but I always but them back in when I was finished. I never did see the difference between wrinkled in dyer or wrinkled on top of dyer.
And it was polite to leave her clothes in the dryer so you had to move them to use it for your things?

Has she revised some of her opinions since then?