Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Self diagnosis....  Fabric/colorPick'nPhobic >

Self diagnosis.... Fabric/colorPick'nPhobic

Self diagnosis.... Fabric/colorPick'nPhobic

Old 04-26-2010, 09:41 PM

wildyard,
I love your reply to baubo 1234, WE need to find the exact date for the surgery and on that day all give her our blessings, and long quilt hugs to keep her wrapped in our love and warmth during the surgery. What a beautiful comment. Thanks, your comment made me feel good too and I'm not having a problem or stressful time just now. See baubo, you have so many friends, even if we are just by long distance and we can give everyone so much encourgement. Just think of all the warm hugs you are getting and will get on that day. Love Gerbie
Old 04-27-2010, 12:21 AM

Thank you so much Gerbie. I laid awake half the night last night just talking to God and woke up feeling so calm and at peace. I really think it helped to do that. I lost my husband in 2005 to lung cancer 3 months after he was diagnosed.It was a shock. He had never been sick in his life. Now I have re-married and life is good again and I am finally getting back into quilting, so I really don't need this in my life. It took me a good 4 years to move on and get myself together. I never thought I would ever be happy again. I married a wonderful caring man who will help me get thru this . He brought me back to God after being away for over 30 years and it was like coming home.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:32 AM

make them up into kits and projects? I cleaned out my BGF stash 3 years after her death - a hard job, but the ladies and gents who collected it are making quilts for bushfire survivors, people living with HIV/AIDS, and the Childrens Hospital and Kids in Care.
And there is a trailer load to go.
She was the daughter and granddaughter of quilters who owned a haberdashery. It was an enormous job. And I didn't find many fabrics I liked - I have a box of stuff to make up for her boys.
She was a pink, chintz and florals girl, I am a blues, greens, black and white and red girl.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:35 AM

Will be sending you positive thoughts baubo - and I wish you strength in your God. Best wishes for Australia
Old 04-27-2010, 01:47 AM

Sounds like you need to do more shopping.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:35 AM

I have the same problem lots of beautiful fabric, but every time I go to go start a project I must go to the quilt store. Maybe it is just an excuse for us to buy more fabric. If shopping does not help then certainly chocolate will. :-D
Old 04-27-2010, 06:19 AM

To Baubo1234 God will see you through your anxious days and give you peace. Perhaps you could make a brightly colored table runner for your table to remind you of God's love and concern for you. I once had a friend paint me a watercolor flowers picture when I first thought I was in love after my divorce. That guy didn't materialize to a future but I still have the flowers to remind me of love. I'm happily married to my high school boyfriend now. :D
Old 04-27-2010, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
Originally Posted by baubo1234
Me too, I usually end up with lots of kits too. And the fabric sits and looks pretty in my sewing room. lol
I wonder if a color wheel would help? If I knew how to use one....

I have never been able to understand a color wheel either! :roll:

I recommend getting "Color Works: The Crafter's Guide to Color" by Deb Menz. I can't live without it.

And as for my stash, I suffer from "If I don't buy it now, I won't be able to find it later" syndrome. So I'll get a yard or two of what I like, and two of each FQ (so I'll use one without feeling like I won't have it later). So far, new patterns start with me rummaging through what I have, then clipping the ones I'll use with yardages in a notebook so I can flesh out the rest. I strive for three fabrics I already have before I can go shopping. It forces me to discover unusual combinations.

The same rule applies to buying clothes - if I think I want that new blouse I have to remember at least three things I already own that it can be worn with before I can justify it.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:14 AM

I am a loner too - and yet am supported by a strong family. Hang on to them and share your fears. And if you need to dump, I'm a good listener. My prayers will be with you...what is your first name? Don't be afraid to hope and never doubt the existence of miracles...Mona
Old 04-30-2010, 05:16 PM

Hi Mona Z and all my friends here, My name is Pat. known as baubo1234 here. I saw the surgeon yesterday and they are going to remove the lower lobe of my left lung completely and the cancer will be gone for good instead of just removing around the cancer which might spread somewhere else eventually. So I am relieved to finally hear what they will do..now I just have to wait for the date, he thought sometime the end of May, early June. I haven't slept thru the night since Mar. 30 when I heard the news, and last night I slept 10 hours straight through. I guess I was a little worried to say the least, but when I couldn't sleep I was on here or sewing (I got my summer dress half done the other nite when I was up till 2:30 a.m.) or quilting.
Thank you for all your kind thoughts and support. I will keep everyone updated as I hear anything.