Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
New puppy pics, 2 weeks old now >

New puppy pics, 2 weeks old now

New puppy pics, 2 weeks old now

Old 04-28-2010, 04:10 PM

Awwww, thank you SO much for the adorable pictures!! They are just so precious!! And, yes, they sure are growing up fast!!! :D :D
Old 04-28-2010, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Boxer mom
Here are updated pics of the puppies, DH took the pics so they are not the greatest. They are getting up on all fours and taking their first steps. They are learning they have a voice (not a good thing for me) and barking and growling in their little puppy voices which is really cute right now but not later.
I have never seen an all white boxer before...He is darling....But I am a finatic for the runts....They melt my heart!!!!!
Great pictures!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:08 PM

A long time ago we had an American Bulldog, Boxer mix. (gifted to us by son's friend) He was the BEST dog! He did have vision problems, though. Is that common with the Boxers? Your pups are beautiful! Make me miss my "Smooter"! :-(
Old 04-28-2010, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
What do you do with the white ones? We had boxers and I was told the white ones are albinos and they are usually deaf. We had a white female and she was deaf. When she had her litter she tried to bury them in her dogfood.I had to take them away from her. She kept trying to smother them.

Do you sell the pups? They are great kids dogs!!! I gave my FIL one of the pups we had and she was just one of the gang when the kids were there. My nephew said she was a kid in a dog's coat.
Let me start off by saying, and please don't get me wrong, but the breeder you got your white one from should have had you sign an alter contract for the white ones. Any responsable boxer breeder requires the whites to be altered.
The white ones are not albino they just do not carry the gene for the color and out of the 25% that are born white 10% of those can be born deaf and/or blind. I have been lucky so far and my last 2 are fine, I know these in this litter can see and maybe hear but will need a little more time to test their hearing. I do sell my white ones but not for very much and do require them to be alered.
Due to your dog not being able to hear them she was unsure of what they were since the sound of them crying is what triggers her responce.
I use to be an ACO (Animal Control Officer) and heve been around and have had different breeds and I find this breed to be so far the most loving and funny dogs I have ever had. I think I will always have a boxer, I just love this breed.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:40 AM

Thankyou!They're all so beutiful!I've never seen a blue-eyed one before,I thought it was an error.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:35 PM

I had a boxer when I was growing up. She was the smartest dog I ever had. My mom worked nights and slept days. If the phone rang, she would knock the receiver off the hook and go wake my mom up. After a while most knew to hold on until my mom got to the phone.