Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Socks on the floor syndrome >

Socks on the floor syndrome

Socks on the floor syndrome

Old 04-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Banned

my son leaves his clothes in the dryer. so now I throw them on his bed, I ask him constantly to not leave his clothes in the dryer. The only thing that gets my goat as far as DH Is when I ask him to do something for me it dose not get done, but if its something for him its done so fast, I will keep him, because I love him, and right know with all the pain I am in I am not easy to live with right now, I am grumpy or depressed, and He has to cook 90% of the time because the pain is so bad. God bless. Penny
Old 04-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Banned

my son leaves his clothes in the dryer. so now I throw them on his bed, I ask him constantly to not leave his clothes in the dryer. The only thing that gets my goat as far as DH Is when I ask him to do something for me it dose not get done, but if its something for him its done so fast, I will keep him, because I love him, and right know with all the pain I am in I am not easy to live with right now, I am grumpy or depressed, and He has to cook 90% of the time because the pain is so bad. God bless. Penny
Old 04-30-2010, 10:57 PM

With my ex, it was walking past the dishwasher to put dishes in the sink, set cans on top of the trash compactor if he even took them out of the livingroom when getting another drink, and complaining because I set his tools on top of the workbench--then he shouldn't have them them in the house I think.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Originally Posted by puck116
When my daughter lived at home she did do her own laundry, but would leave her's in the dryer. She wears a uniform and every morning would run the dryer to get the wrinkles out, but leave the rest in there. Once I took her clothes out and put on top of the dryer, not folded, so I could use the dyer for DH and my clothes. She said that I was rude not to have folded her clothes, much discussion about that. From then on, I would take her clothes out to use the dryer, but I always but them back in when I was finished. I never did see the difference between wrinkled in dyer or wrinkled on top of dyer.
And it was polite to leave her clothes in the dryer so you had to move them to use it for your things?

Has she revised some of her opinions since then?
Now that she is on her own she sees things in a whole new light and can really appreciate what I did do for her.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Power Poster

When my daughter lived at home she did do her own laundry, but would leave her's in the dryer. She wears a uniform and every morning would run the dryer to get the wrinkles out, but leave the rest in there. Once I took her clothes out and put on top of the dryer, not folded, so I could use the dyer for DH and my clothes. She said that I was rude not to have folded her clothes, much discussion about that. From then on, I would take her clothes out to use the dryer, but I always but them back in when I was finished. I never did see the difference between wrinkled in dyer or wrinkled on top of dyer.
And it was polite to leave her clothes in the dryer so you had to move them to use it for your things?

Has she revised some of her opinions since then?
Now that she is on her own she sees things in a whole new light and can really appreciate what I did do for her.
I'm glad for both of you. There is hope???
Old 05-01-2010, 12:30 PM

My soon to be DH got himself put the curb last Tuesday night for all of these reasons and for letting things get so out of control in "his man cave" that it made the whole house stink. I finally had enough and packed his matching luggage---all white trash bags. I had to take a vacumn to the top of his computer desk it was so foul. So, if anyone is looking for a DH of your own here in alaska, mine is out there somewhere. Unable to fold a sock, change a bed, dust or cook. All in all a blessing.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:47 PM

My DH is pretty good about picking up after himself. He was the youngest of 9 kids, 8 of them boys and his mother taught them all to pick up after themselves. However, I think he was absent the day she taught him to do laundry. He had the idea that if it fit in the washer, there was nothing else to worry about. Why would anybody actually sort laundry..........? After ruining TWO of my dry clean only dresses, did he finally get the idea I was mad? Well, let me tell you.....he has a car that is his pride and joy. It is washed daily and waxed once week and stored in the winter and only driven on warm sunny Sundays with no rain in sight.......he came home from work to find his car in the driveway with the woman in charge of things (me) standing there with the garden hose and the sprayer on it. It was stated that he should leave the laundry alone or the car gets it! Sometimes, you just have to get their attention! And yes, he stays away from the laundry.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:27 AM
dsj

I love the seperate room idea. I haven't had a good night sleep in 17 years. I have dealt with the bed hogging, snoring, elbows, the alarm clock going off 10x before he decides to get up, oh and there are many more. I lay right on the edge of the bed with my arms over my head, how rediculous is that? I am getting a bit cranky these days and he wonders why. HMMM!!! I have learned to let his socks lay where he leaves them until he figures it out. I get so embarrassed by one thing, he will put his sleeping boxers on the bed post in the morning and I just want to die when I see them there. I haven't said anything because he would enjoy that too much. I am trying to figure a way to deal with that one. There are guys on this board, explain this stuff to us, why and what goes through those heads? I am not saying I am perfect but I can promise you I don't leave unmentionables laying around where God and the whole world can see them.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Banned

I first heard the expression "socks on the floor syndrome" from esqmommy

It's the annoying thing(s) that a significant person does that irritate one a lot!

(I, of course, am nearly perfect! :?)

For example, my DH folds his clothes neatly and puts them at the FOOT of the bed - so I trip over them when I make the bed.

(We won't discuss what I do with MY clothes)

One of the other things he does that I REALLY hate - he smokes a cigarette right before coming to bed. Now, there's a turn-off.
do they honestly think that because they smoke outside, you can't still smell it on them? it's like sleeping next to an ashtray.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:34 AM

It's been 56 years of marriage for us, and all those things that bug you, I've had. But two things I really hate him doing, that I know isn"t going to change.....folding his dirty smelly socks one inside the other( I hate having to use my hands to take them apart!!!) and sitting in his recliner by the front door, sleeping for most of the day.Then griping at me for making noise ( going in and out, dusting, using the vaccum , putting dishes away, anything that he can hear). When I tell him go take a nap in your own room and I won't bother you, , it's, "I'd rather stay here, or why should I go to my bedroom, it isn'T night time!! " Go figure!! But, he does most of the cooking, helps with laundry( not always the way I'd like), shops for food, and lets me buy whatever I want, good to our kids and Grands, and when I was so sick in Feb and March this year, he was so nice it was unbelievable. I think I might just keep him!