Fabricholics anonymous?

Old 05-06-2010, 06:05 PM

I just started quilting and I already at risk. Yesterday, I was having a hard day at work, so I stopped by the LQS up the street just to look as a stress reliever. $90 and half hour later, my day was suddenly going much better. Thank you sale table, i have enough fabric to make 3 of my first quilt I have finished, several pattern books, to use those fabrics, and One fabric I love so much I literally had it sitting out all night just so i could look at it.

Last night showing my husband my finds, he asked if we were done buying fabric for while. I honestly could not say yes to him, I did not want to lie!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Pam

Originally Posted by Sarah Jane
I just started quilting and I already at risk. Yesterday, I was having a hard day at work, so I stopped by the LQS up the street just to look as a stress reliever. $90 and half hour later, my day was suddenly going much better. Thank you sale table, i have enough fabric to make 3 of my first quilt I have finished, several pattern books, to use those fabrics, and One fabric I love so much I literally had it sitting out all night just so i could look at it.

Last night showing my husband my finds, he asked if we were done buying fabric for while. I honestly could not say yes to him, I did not want to lie!
Sarah is a gonner! Hooked, hooked, hooked!!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:42 PM

I've heard the dependency is much worse than crack. :lol:
Old 05-07-2010, 04:42 AM
Power Poster

Sarah....Welcome to the club!!! ;)
Old 05-07-2010, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by kat112000
Guilty!!!

I am saving up my pennies to take to the Minneapolis Quilt thingy in two weeks!! The lady that owns my LQS asked me to go with her and help her make purchases for her store!!! DH said he was taking ALL my credit cards away from me, well he doesn't know about one of those credit cards, mawhahahahah!!!!!!
Are you talking about Quilt Market in Minneapolis? That is great fun!!! I got to go when I worked at a quilt shop. You will meet people from all over the world and see some of the most amazing quilts. You will be on "quilt overload"! I enjoyed the trip and learned a lot. It is fun to get to see the newest things and then later see them show up in the LQS. You will get to see the newset fabrics and patterns and gadgets............wish I could go again!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 04:46 AM

Rationalize girl, it makes you feel good. You got something to show for it when you are done. It keeps your mind occupied. It gives you warm fuzzies when you give it away. You are exercising while doing all this cutting, sewing etc. You endorphins thank you for all the tactile feel when handling fabric. Your colors appeal to your mind/mood. You can blank out the world.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:40 AM
Power Poster

More symptoms:

Part of one's stash is stowed "out of plain view" of the rest of the family.

One becomes a bit vague as to when it was purchased. "Oh, this piece? I've had it for a while."
Old 05-07-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Sarah Jane

"awhile" can mean anything from 2 hours to 2 years, so you could have said yes in all honesty.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:26 AM

"awhile" can mean anything from 2 hours to 2 years, so you could have said yes in all honesty.[/quote]

That's my story... and I'm sticking to it! :mrgreen:
Old 05-07-2010, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

Another symptom:

One would rather buy fabric than go out to dinner or buy groceries.

What would you like for Mother's Day, dear? Dinner or gift certificate to LQS?

(Both would be nice, of course)