Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
who gets the booby prize today? >

who gets the booby prize today?

who gets the booby prize today?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Google Goddess

oh my, have fun with your new colors on your quilt
Old 05-07-2010, 06:54 PM

back when i was a newly wed, before 4 grand childern i washed a brand new red t-shirt with my husbands white underware it almost caused a divorce he had pink undies had to go and buy him all new undies i did not know what size so i got him etra larg he wore med. si i guess we all have done it.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:09 PM

Now you know or have confirmed what you already knew, never was anything red with anything else. A funny, not so funny, a local young man went off to college. He put his new jockey shorts in with everything else. He wore pink shorts for quite a while! Silvia
Old 05-07-2010, 07:53 PM

I think I'm in the running...I recently finished a king-size applique quilt - spent about a year doing all the hand applique, then put it all together with appliqued sashings and borders. I even sent it out to be machine quilted. It was beautiful! Then I decided I wanted to soften" it up, so put it in the washer with Downy and let it soak for a while (I've done that before with small charity quilts). When I went to put it in the dryer, I discovered that the red piping around the borders had run!!! Well, I immediately put it back in the washer with a couple of color catcher sheets. They turned a beautiful dark pink, but the quilt was still pink, too. Did this 2 more times, and the same thing happened. I did cry....but put it in the dryer anyway - didn't want it to mildew. Does anyone have any suggestions????
Old 05-07-2010, 08:00 PM

i have used a product called awsome and it has worked a few times but i had not put the quilt in the dryer yet
Old 05-07-2010, 10:53 PM

Okay the winner is Lisa wanna b quilter!!! That wins just for making us all laugh, I can just picture you all tangled with pins in your backside, hahahahaha ohh my side hurts, hahahahaha definitely something I would do. Glad your injuries are laughable and minor. Thanks for sharing, I needed that.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:09 AM

Cjomomma, I have a wonderful pattern that is made with black and pink fabric that I want to make, but I can't find the material in the quilt shops. You gave me an idea about washing red material with the black and white material!! Eiltcoq.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by eiltcoq
Cjomomma, I have a wonderful pattern that is made with black and pink fabric that I want to make, but I can't find the material in the quilt shops. You gave me an idea about washing red material with the black and white material!! Eiltcoq.
I am glad my I could help. :) :) :).
Old 05-08-2010, 05:20 AM

My booby prize entry is for last night.

First, the last square in this quilt I had to make THREE times because I kept putting the units in the wrong configuration.

Then I sewed the second set rows together wrong. Unsewed it about 12 inches when I realized I was ripping out the wrong seam. So I had to sew THAT seam back together, when I did I got fabric from the other rows folded in the seam and had to rip that out.

I gave up and decided that knitting sounds like a better hobby!
Old 05-08-2010, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by seamstome
My booby prize entry is for last night.

First, the last square in this quilt I had to make THREE times because I kept putting the units in the wrong configuration.

Then I sewed the second set rows together wrong. Unsewed it about 12 inches when I realized I was ripping out the wrong seam. So I had to sew THAT seam back together, when I did I got fabric from the other rows folded in the seam and had to rip that out.

I gave up and decided that knitting sounds like a better hobby!
Been there and done that.
:roll: :roll: :roll: