Quilt Challenge!

Old 05-02-2010, 06:33 AM

I am making a baby jane out of my scraps. the blocks are 4.5 sq. some are pp but most I make by hand. No dent in my tiny pieces yet. lol. Jolo
Old 05-02-2010, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
Originally Posted by galatotesa
"Mile a minute" is a great way to use up scraps and have a lot of fun. I saw a "Mile a minute" quilt at a quilt show that was incredibly oustanding. The sashing was grey and the right propotions to make it WORK. Galatotesa
can you post a picture of your "Mile a Minute", please?
So far I don't own a camera or the ability to make and send photos from my MSNTV2 computer. I plan to purchase one this year. MSNTV2 is a box that sits under my wide screen tv and a keyboard that sits on my lap. I am able to go on line, receive e-mail messages, and look up info on google or MSN in my livingroom chair. The "Mile-a-minute is, as reported by golly the method I use. One of my recent "m-a-m" projects is using colors pink and turquoise and others. I won't decide whether or not to use shasing until I have many blocks and find out what works.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:52 PM

I am doing one of those now 27 fabrics all from my scrap pile, only had to buy 1 package of fat quarters and 1 yard for the borders I think I might have enough on had for the backing too. This one will take me a while but I will post picture when completed :thumbup:
Old 05-03-2010, 03:10 PM

Count me in! I have a ton of scraps! I might have to make a reversable quilt since I always have a hard time deciding on just one pattern at a time! Always up for a challange!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:07 AM

I just finished a scrappy triple chain. I am going to donate it to the Rainbow House ( Kids taken away from their families for some reason) My quilt guild helped me make some of the squares.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:57 PM

I am in for the scrappy mile a min quilt due by December....Now I will write it all down so I don't forget that I said I would do it....thanks for doing this, Jackie
Old 05-07-2010, 12:40 PM

I sometimes use old printed sheets for backings. plain muslin is always nice and one of my favorites. But, I love to create a masterpiece out of material that I have on hand. I bought a bag of big rubber bands and plan to sort all my material by colors, themes, or designs. haven't started yet, though , cause all my free time is spent sewing. so makybe , what i should do is set aside the first 10 minutes of my sewing time for cleaning, organizing, and also the last 10=15 minutes. I am always on the lookout for furniture with nooks and crannies. shelves, etc. I can visulize wall to wall rainbows of colors. with draws filled with squares cut for scrap quilts. Oh well, what I enjoy most about my sewing room is the fact that I can do whatever I want and arrange it however I want. and there are no posted deadlines and NO Boundaries or LImits on Fun, Fun, Fun
Old 05-07-2010, 10:35 PM

My favorite thing to do is take bits and pieces and make a quilt. I made a quilt for a friend and from the leftover scraps had made 2 more and can probably eeek out a third. I just start cutting and sewing with no particular pattern. I was at a retreat once and a gal came with nothin in particular to do I handed her scraps and said be creative, When she was done she said it was the hardest thing she had ever done and would never do again. I encourage everyone to try it at least once.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:39 PM

Sounds like fun. I recently discovered quiltville.com and have started to organize my fabric and use leaders/enders. I'm really liking the leaders/enders thing. I feel like I a making a quilt without even trying. I would like to do the challenge too.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:58 PM

What is a leader/ender? I am always looking for new ideas.