Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge...........with a prize >

weight loss challenge...........with a prize

weight loss challenge...........with a prize

Old 05-07-2010, 08:15 AM

Jnbug, that is wonderful, keep up the good work and congrats trupeach. Glad you got this started. I am trying but right now I'm mostly trying to keep up with all this diabetic medicine. when to, how to, it must be scheduled so I have finally made up an agenda. I've never given myself the number one spot in life......I am alone, so why not??? nothing standing in my way. I've been careing for an elderly lady and I forget....do you know, she is a God send, she remembers for me. Now I got someone to care. That is best thing for me. You guys and she will help me out. I hope I can help someone, too. But, I have had to cut portions of the wonderful comfort foods, and cut out the heavy carbs...so much to remember. But, I'm still climbing stairs. whewwwwwww, its work, mentally as much as physically. Thank you all for being here.

((( from me to you )))

Blessings,
Ruth
Old 05-07-2010, 11:54 AM

I, too, am doing the low carb thing. Mostly it doesn't bother me, but I would really like a glass of mild and that mac & cheese the other night really looked good. But it's working. I did the low carb thing some years ago and I hoped it would get me off that plateau I was on. I'm lucky I don't have diabetes to contend with too. But I will have if I don't get this weight off and controlled. Good luck! Keep on pluggin'!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:04 PM

I'm still not doing well... I'm back to my all time high of 190#s (based on dr scale). My cholesterol is on the very low end of high so I really need to get back on track before my doctor tells me I have to take some stupid medication for it *pouts*.

Gawd, it was easier to quit smoke'n cigs!
Old 05-07-2010, 01:14 PM

I seriously think that fat turns to cement as we get older... doesn't matter how hard I try... scales don't show a smaller me. :?
Old 05-07-2010, 04:43 PM

I'm down another pound today - for a total of 2 lbs this week. The next week and a half is going to be tough for me to stick to my WW diet - Dustin is taking me out to dinner tomorrow night for Mother's Day. Luckily Red Lobster has a "Lighthouse" menu and both a lobster tail and 1/2lb of crab legs are only 1 point each. Wednesday is Joshua's 6th birthday, and next Saturday we are having his b-day party at Chuck E Cheese. Hopefully they have a salad bar so I won't be tempted by pizza. Lucky for me, I'm not a huge cake fan.
I've worked out 3 times this week, and we took the dog for a 30 min walk last night (it was my "day-off" from working out). So I've earned back 6 points in Activity points for WW.
Tonight I am cleaning out my sewing room and trying to get it organized again. Scrap quilters: watch for posts on the appropriate board re: random fabric (mostly small/scrap pieces) that I'll be getting rid of.
Tara
Old 05-07-2010, 07:41 PM

Alright..... it sounds like everyone is doing good. I didn't see a loss this week, but a slight gain. It hasn't been easy for me this week, because we just moved and it's basically been grab something to eat here and there. At least, I am getting some order in the new house so I can start back on my weight loss again.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:51 AM

Hi-I'm confused (nothing new there). There seems to be 2 weigh in threads going: this one and the original titled "weigh in". Which one are we supposed to be posting on? Is there any way to combine them? I still look to the original because so many great tips are posted there, especially from Peach. I've never gotten any email notifications that this thread exists, found it by chance.

Thanks for clearing up my confusion (blame it on being blonde, a senior moment, or too much cough syrup LOL)
Thanks
Peace-Jan
Old 05-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by janRN
Hi-I'm confused (nothing new there). There seems to be 2 weigh in threads going: this one and the original titled "weigh in". Which one are we supposed to be posting on? Is there any way to combine them? I still look to the original because so many great tips are posted there, especially from Peach. I've never gotten any email notifications that this thread exists, found it by chance.

Thanks for clearing up my confusion (blame it on being blonde, a senior moment, or too much cough syrup LOL)
Thanks
Peace-Jan
Lneal wanted the threads split and she asked me to do this one. It was posted on the weigh in thread. SOOOOOOOOOOO if you want tips from me/Peach you have to come here as I don't think Lneal wants us posting on both threads.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:07 PM

Yay! I've lost 3 pounds in the last week! I'm so excited. I was really upset with my limitations on this diet last night, so knowing that it and the exercise are working helps my resolve to keep at it.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:10 PM

CONGRATS!!!! keep on moving. i gained in April and I'm still sitting at that gained weight... :( trying to exercise.. it's hard to lose weight with 5 birthdays this month