Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
More QAYG Quilts... >

More QAYG Quilts...

More QAYG Quilts...

Old 05-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Banned

WOW Your work is wonderful!! I would LOVE to learn QAYG but I don't even know where to start. lol
Great Job.!!
I can tell you sure are having fun...............
Thanxs,
Bev
Old 05-12-2010, 01:08 PM

Can you tell me where you got the cat pattern?

Your quilts are really well done-congrats
Old 05-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Power Poster

Those are awesome. I love the second one and the cat quilt is so cool. You did a great job on all. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:27 PM

Ok...thank you for allyour lovely comments... will try and cover all the questions in one reply! LOL

The Cat pattern is one of my designs, I used to have a shop and teach and had a huge range of patterns which I lost due to a computer virus and the backup not working! DAMM, but I am inspired to redo them all over time so will get to it.

The colours inthe top one..this quilt I made and love the colours too - it is in my glory box for a girl(if I ever had one) as I can picture it in a pink bedroom with white furniture...but as I separated from my husband last year and am now 40 I suspect one of my nieces will get it one day. I have some custody of my beautiful stepson though!

QAYG Tutorial..I also had great instructions for this with colour diagrams so will see if I can reproduce them over the next few weeks and post!

Thanks again...Have a great day!
Old 05-12-2010, 01:30 PM

I love your quilts and I want to do a QAYG for my gson. I want to put 3 inch sashing around each block. Can you tell me how to plan for that--ie is the sashing part of the block? Is is added later? I would appreciate your advice.
Rita
Old 05-12-2010, 01:41 PM

So gorgeous, but especially the cat quilt, can I be first in the queue for that one? ha, ha.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by ritamaew
I love your quilts and I want to do a QAYG for my gson. I want to put 3 inch sashing around each block. Can you tell me how to plan for that--ie is the sashing part of the block? Is is added later? I would appreciate your advice.
Rita
I would do the following:
1. make the block
2. cut you backing and wadding big enough for the block PLUS the sashing....I allow a little extra so they can be trimmed to exactly the same size later
3. Layer the wadding and backing - I use a very small amount of Quilt Basting Spray in the middle just to keep it together
4. Pin your block in place
5. Stitch the sashings on through the wadding and backing - use a walking foot for this - I use 3/8" seam (edge of walking foot) but you have to be careful with this as you may cut points off the block - I use blocks where it doesn't matter
6. You have to tie the end off of that seam - easier to sew sashing to opposite sides ofthe block then pull the threads up and knot and tie - it is hidden then!
7. Iron the first two sashings out and then add the last two
8. Trim all the blocks to exaclty the same size before joining them!

Hope this helps and makes sense!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:27 PM

Thank you so much for your great and quick response. I think I understand it. You are a godsend to me. I will be looking for your tutorial as well.

Rita
Old 05-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Power Poster

Bitty39 I can't stop studying the quilts! You remind me of all the blocks I want to do- Card Tricks, Snails Trail, those Compass blocks are scrumptious!! I'm also giggling over how many of us love the kitties :)
Did you paper-piece the Compass blocks??? Wow, everything is so gorgeous!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 08:58 PM

You have done a beautiful job on all of those Qt. This QAUG bug is catching. I have been thinking of it for the past week. Tell me do they get done faster. Looking forwered sp? to more pics. Theresse