Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I will laugh about this some day...... >

I will laugh about this some day......

I will laugh about this some day......

Old 05-12-2010, 09:05 AM

Like your colors. He is darling! Get him some blunt scissors, OLD fabric and let him gooooo...... I knew it was time for me to stop Tole painting when I found my son (then age 2-now 34) trying to bite the LARGE tube of white OIL paint in half. He thot it was toothpaste... That could have been a disaster.... Keep on laughing. It is good for the soul....
Old 05-12-2010, 03:09 PM

Oh I agree with Carrie, I taught my g/s to respect his Nana's stuff (all of it no matter where it is). When he was young & would come to my sewing room he would sit & watch not that I did much sewing at that time but we hung out, now he is 7 & will tell you that you do not touch Nana's toys. It is only a safety precaution for them. Taught him the same respect for our pets.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:49 PM

Oh yes I have a big boy that at the age your little one is, would have done the same thing...he has that special little smile :D
Old 05-12-2010, 04:14 PM

Not only will you laugh, but when he graduates Highschool it'll make a really cool present for him to take off to college... I would call it "And I Helped"! ;)
Old 05-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Banned

so sorry but that is to funny, Oh how I remeber those days. God bless. Penny
Old 05-12-2010, 07:21 PM

I couldn't be mad at that little face very long.

And, like everyone else has said that you will look back at this day and smile.....

My 2 1/2 year old grandson does things like that as well. His Mom told me that while she was in the shower, he just as quiet as a mouse pushed a big box of baby wipes over to the counter and helped himself to some cake she had made for the homeless luncheon at her church!

The worst thing I can remember my own children doing is when my son (he was about 3) cut off the cats' whiskers. Oh, I was mad at him :evil:
Old 05-12-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Born2Sew
Reminds me of the time my grandson took my sewing scissors and cut the toes out of my socks. I still laugh over that one. Glad you took pics mom! He is a cutie, and I can see the mischief all over his sweet little face.
ROFLMAO ! The only one I took a picture of was the time my4 or 5 yr-old son and our neighbor's daughter, used screwdrivers to remove the chair backs (they dragged the chairs into another room so I wouldn't see them working.), then they proceeded to use the screw drivers (Phillips, no less) to punch holes in the vinyl. I had to have the dinette set chairs re-upholstered.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Banned

I love the fact that I am not the only parent that this has happened to.

I was working on a 1970 Plymouth SuperBird (very rare car) and I was getting it ready for a paint job when my son was little. He would always come out to the garage and watch me work. Well he was watching me work on the car and as I walked away to get something I heard a "dink dink dink" noise and I walked over to the passenger side of the car. He had on of my BIG Snap-On wrenches hitting the side of the car helping me with the body work. :shock: :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol:

He was around 4 or so and all I could do was laugh and tell him that if he wanted to work on a car I would get him one of my old beat up pedal cars for him to work on. So I gave him a body hammer and I helped him by holding the dolly behind where he was hitting and he beat on the pedal car for an hour or so until he said it was ready for the paint. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is times like this that makes parenting worth everything in the world. My wife has it on video some where tucked away. He was so proud of himself and I enjoyed taking time out just for him and letting him do "Big Boy" things. In fact this was about a couple of years before he was completely non verbal.

Billy
Old 05-13-2010, 09:13 PM

The only thing more adorable than a 2 yr. old is a 3 yr. old. The adorable part never stops no matter how old they get. I have two 20 yr. old grandkids & they know they'll always be Grandma's babies & they love it.

Pat G
Old 05-14-2010, 08:32 AM

What an adorable kid. U can't sta upset with a smile like that. I bet he's thinking "what can i do next to make Mmmy luv me more