Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed >

Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Old 05-13-2010, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by cmsmith46580
I'm sending priority mail as I have a box that will only cost me about 4.95.
I usually use the poly envelopes too but for these little blocks the small box is just the right size for the 170 I have done.

Don't forget to put them in plastic before you put them in any envelope or box with your return address label just in case of a snafu!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Dkm
I have the same question, but haven't seen any answers yet.

The question: What's the best way to mail.
I'll put my blocks in a zip lock bag and use a regular 9x12 mailing envelope (I buy mine at WalMart). I'll also use the same size to have them mailed back to me. Zip lock bags are nice in case the package gets wet or is torn... :D
Old 05-13-2010, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Originally Posted by Dkm
I have the same question, but haven't seen any answers yet.

The question: What's the best way to mail.
I'll put my blocks in a zip lock bag and use a regular 9x12 mailing envelope (I buy mine at WalMart). I'll also use the same size to have them mailed back to me. Zip lock bags are nice in case the package gets wet or is torn... :D
I do the same with my blocks (put them in a bag) except I'm using the priority mailer to send and then I'm going to tape the heck out of it just in case someone tries to escape from the tight quarters they're in. :lol: :lol:
Old 05-13-2010, 08:45 PM

Oh Judie I know what you mean about crying. I have been crying so much. I never know when it is going to hit me. He has only been gone for three days but to me it feels like forever.

Originally Posted by Judie
I hardest thing I ever did was watch my son leave for boot camp... from there he went overseas and was gone for 3 years. He had some time off during that time but used it to see some of the world rather than come home.. I cried the entire time I think.. My husband spent 32 years in the Navy... that wasn't as hard as watching my son leave.. I know where you are.. The men and women who go are what keeps our country safe. I thank God for them and pray He keeps them safe. When a man serves, his family serves too. Thank you for your son, and for your husband. We are all proud of our service personnel. I'll be remembering you tonight too.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:51 PM

Im in on this one :) It looks like a lot of fun! Better start some sewing so I can get all of them done and signed! I have never done a swap before!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:40 AM

thanks for joining craftygirl!! not sure how many from canada we have but it's always great to have another!!
Old 05-14-2010, 06:02 AM

Glad you joined us CraftyGirl!
Old 05-14-2010, 06:05 AM

Welcome to the fun, CraftyGirl
Old 05-14-2010, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

i mail all of my swap squares in tyvek priority envelopes from the post office, they hold up to any abuse the postal workers put them through and are (weather proof). usually costs $5-$6 to send them.
they are kind of boring blocks to make, and it is remarkable that i'm doing it since i pretty much NEVER make the same block twice...but i found they go together really fast, when i first signed up (on a different forum) for this same swap i went in and had 100 stitched in about 1/2 an hour, clipped the corners (when i stitched them i sewed on the diagnal line and then turned around and stitched 1/4" outside the line so when i clipped the corners i had 200 1/2 square triangles done at the same time) tossed all the little blocks into a large ziplock grabbed my pigma pens and headed to work...when i first started signing them after about 15-20 i thought, I will never get these done...writing on them is the worst...but even that got easier as i went along and i had them all done in that one shift. the motivation was the vision of the quilt they will become :) but i have found for just mindless filler activity they are great! i work in the private duty medical field and have 'down time' ...time when the client is asleep and i just need to be awake...sit quietly and sew... if i try to read my book i fall asleep, so sewing all night, or working on projects like this makes my time go by so much better. i work 16 hour shifts, and that can get LONG but with these blocks, if my client gets up it is so easy to just set the block down and go back to it later, no worry about where you left off. between the 2 forum swaps i'm doing these for i will have about 225 siggy blocks, and i have a whole bunch of scrappy little 9 patches from a swap a few years ago i never knew what to do with...evidently they had a purpose, i just wasn't there yet...they are going to go so well putting these together.! now i am excited about these!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 06:31 AM

OK, I'm IN! Been watching the thread, and just couldn't make up my mind..... but I think this will be fun!