Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 05-16-2010, 02:34 PM

If anyone would like to take a peek at the blocks I've already created, you can go to http://s1002.photobucket.com/albums/af147/mistiliz/.

I am updating my blog and photos. :)
Old 05-16-2010, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by dettonlisas
Sorry I just made it up! I didnt use a pattern! If I had to pick a name for it I would call it the.... Square in a Square! I dont know if this is an existing block!
Lisa
Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
I got some Boomerang's yesterday: buddy'smom...which I think is going to be considered the "Quilting Flag" and Dettonlisas..love the colors....What are the names of these blocks ladies?

I will be mailing out Boomerang's to Kathy N...I had so much fun making this block, hope you like it and Star (Valencia)....I had a hard time trying to figure out what to do especially after seeing the snowman block...That was a tough act to follow...LOL
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Ladies just an FYI for you both, this block is an actual block, I made an entire quilt of these blocks in purples for my mom. It is in kysmommy2 quilt pattern book called quick cut quilts (I think-kys?)the name of the pattern was called Fall Frolic-obviously the quilt was done in fall colors. Mine was done in all shades of purples, you can see what the quilt looks like completed by visiting my blog at http://thescarberrys.blogspot.com/20...1_archive.html

hope u don't mind me giving my 2 cents worth....
tink121272
Old 05-16-2010, 03:20 PM

When does the next Boomerang Swap start? This looks like fun.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:26 PM

I received this really nice block on Saturday. I was so excited by the block that I received from her and from another swap, that I lost the name of the person who had made it for me. Could the maker please help me out? I feel bad, and I really want to thank you! Judy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-68718.jpe
Views:	31
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	68723  
Old 05-16-2010, 05:21 PM

Attn: Reneebobby and Hoppyfrog
I wanted to let you know you will have to wait a little longer for your Boom blocks, I went by the P.O. a little bit ago to find your blocks returned seems I made the 1/4 inch cut off so I need to re mail them...aarrgghh. Oh well they will go out again tomorrow, I've redone them in business size envelopes and I will take them to the window to see what they will be to mail them so they don't come back again.
Sorry for the dalay.
Muriel
Old 05-16-2010, 05:23 PM

Not a problem for me. Thanks for leting me know.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:30 PM

I had planned to get 5 or 6 sewn today to have a whole heap to send out tomorrow, but my 4yr. old is sick and my 5yr. old asked if he could start making his quilt for his teddy bear. Sorry, but the Boom blocks got bumped for sifting through scraps and putting together my little guy's first quilt. He's SO proud of it! It's only 1/2 done but we'll try to finish tomorrow. As long as my younger one is feeling well enough, I will have 5 to mail out in the morning, then will hopefully get to work on the next batch. Several are already cut out, just need more time to sew.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
I had planned to get 5 or 6 sewn today to have a whole heap to send out tomorrow, but my 4yr. old is sick and my 5yr. old asked if he could start making his quilt for his teddy bear. Sorry, but the Boom blocks got bumped for sifting through scraps and putting together my little guy's first quilt. He's SO proud of it! It's only 1/2 done but we'll try to finish tomorrow. As long as my younger one is feeling well enough, I will have 5 to mail out in the morning, then will hopefully get to work on the next batch. Several are already cut out, just need more time to sew.
Babies always come first, grown ups can wait. Take care of your little ones while they're little, they will grow up all too soon.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Originally Posted by sew cornie
Babies always come first, grown ups can wait. Take care of your little ones while they're little, they will grow up all too soon.

I am so blessed to be able to stay home with them and certainly don't take that for granted. Every day in life is a gift. I'll post a picture of Adam's quilt when he finishes. He chose a very creative selection of fabrics. LOL.

Back to the Boomerangs . . . blocks going home today for:

buddy'smom
Karen
Kathy N
kysmommy2
tink121272
Old 05-17-2010, 08:18 AM

Just to let everyone know:

I will be working on Boomerang blocks periodically and mailing them on their way home as I complete them.

Be watching the mail.