"Weigh In"

Old 05-19-2010, 07:30 AM

Hey everyone still trying to workout, I do not feel like I am losing any weight but the clothes feel loser. has anyone had the same experience?
Old 05-19-2010, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by bella
Hey everyone still trying to workout, I do not feel like I am losing any weight but the clothes feel loser. has anyone had the same experience?
My scale was stuck and I was working out a lot, and for a few weeks in a row, I didn't lose anything at all, and I would have been discouraged (and secretly I was a little), but I knew my pants were getting very loose and my tops were starting to sag a little, and things that used to be tight were starting to feel much better. And then one week at the scale, I lost 3 pounds, and then 2 pounds, it started to show up finally. So just keep hanging in and doing the work outs, and you will see results on the scale eventually. When you do, you will want to work out twice as much. Be sure to let us know when it happens too. We love to celebrate!

Linda
Old 05-19-2010, 08:45 AM

Congrats Linda. I am so happy for you - you have been working very hard and deserve a great big pat on the back.

Carole
Old 05-19-2010, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by carolevidak
Congrats Linda. I am so happy for you - you have been working very hard and deserve a great big pat on the back.

Carole
Thank you! It always feels good to receive pats.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:06 PM

How are the ladies that have weddings coming up doing? I'd like to drop at least 5 lbs before our summer trip.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:40 AM

Yeah the scale moved 3 pounds after two weeks and seven workouts and trying to keep the journal! so many more to go!!
Bella
Old 05-20-2010, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by bella
Yeah the scale moved 3 pounds after two weeks and seven workouts and trying to keep the journal! so many more to go!!
Bella
Focus on today, and don't get hung up on what you still have to do. 1-2 pounds per week, that should be your focus. Doing what is necessary to take off those 1-2 pounds each week, and aren't you happy that you are already started on the losing path. You are already started on the working out and keeping a journal, watching what you eat. It is hard to establish these habits, but you are already in full swing. Just keep on going. Acknowlege that it is difficult to keep going, and it is challenging to not see losses when you are working so hard, but they will come. I know if I look at what I have to lose to get to my ultimate goal weight, well I don't even think about that right now. Right now I think about losing the next 5%, and the next 10%. Now I think about, getting in my workout today, especially when I don't feel like it. You will be so glad that you kept on going when in 2 months you look back and see what you have accomplished.

Yeah! How are the "We Have a Wedding to Attend This Summer" people doing? Are you still comitted to yourselves? You still have time? When are those weddings anyway?

What would we see, if we were all to take a look at where we are since we got together as a group back in January. Is everyone pleased with their progress? I know I thought I would have lost more weight by now. But I sure am happy with the weight I have lost. I am happy than I am no longer gaining weight on a regular basis. I am happy with how fit I feel now, and I am thrilled when people hug me and whisper in my ear how great I look and ask what have I been doing.

Having the support of this group has been a great source for me. Thanks again to everyone for sharing.
Linda.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:05 AM

I finally told DH that i was attending curves and he was encouraging. And when I had that cone at sonics he did not say a word. He is a keeper,or maybe afer five years he has learned when to speak. LOL
Old 05-20-2010, 08:05 AM

My son's wedding is September 10th - when I first started I wanted to lose 50 lbs. Well, I don't think that is happening. But I have lost 10 lbs so far, and if I could lose another 10 before the wedding I would be happy. After being so down earlier this week - I weighed in at 184 from 194 when I started. So I have to learn to just keep working and not beat myself up so much.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:12 AM

Why are we women like that we can take care of the world, encourage and love many people. but when we come to our personal selves we grow fangs and our minds have a cutting ability. carol you have lost ten pounds i have yet to lose five I think that is a great accomplishment. If anyone else said I only lost ten pounds you would immediately say something encouraging and uplifting because that person did something good. So that person is you! Way to go keep on going you are awesome!!!!