Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Im in LOVE >

Im in LOVE

Im in LOVE

Old 05-21-2010, 07:41 AM

I used to have a one-project-at-a-time rule, but I found myself itching to do something else and it ruined my enjoyment of what I was working on. I use a ping pong table for my work surface, and so I started putting a project at each end of the table and working on what I wanted. Lately, though, I have a project on either side of each end (got that?) and so I'm working on FOUR projects at a time. I am a happy camper!

Honestly though, depending on the project, I rotate around to each of them--a block at a time on each--and the roof hasn't caved in yet. Really, it's your hobby. You can do it how you really want to do it. Who cares if you have UFO's sitting around?
Old 05-21-2010, 08:07 AM

Hi! I'm not that computer savy and would to look this pattern up. Tried Yahoo with no luck. Can up tell me where to look? Thanks
Old 05-21-2010, 08:39 AM

I started out that way. It lasted for about 1 1/2 years. Pretty good now that i look back. Now if I get tired of something, I start something new or take a break from it. Otherwise I find myself hurrying to get it done and not doing the best job that i can...
Old 05-21-2010, 08:52 AM

Can you tell us where you purchased the kit? I would love to try it. Thanks. Sarah in CA
Old 05-21-2010, 08:55 AM

Congratulations, you have just taken the next step into total addiction. You have now entered into the "quilting twilight zone" where UFO's swirl around like it's Area 51. Soon you'll be switching back and forth on 6-10 or more projects at a time like so many of the rest of us. LOL
Old 05-21-2010, 09:32 AM

Go! Go! Go! This is one promise that you can break. If the new quilt is calling that loudly for you your heart will not be into finishing the wall hanging anyway. I would love to see a pic after the new quilt is finished.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:53 AM

My kind of quilter :-D
Old 05-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Banned

martha jo and Sarah CA,
if you type in {the google search} or maybe Yahoo also, anyways just type in-judyniemeyer'sbaliweddingstar
you should be able to find it that way. Honestly, it took me quite awhile to find it but I did find it.
Or you could go to
www.judyniemeyer.com
and then type in
bali wedding star
and that should do it. I had even put in "kit & Quilts" and nothing came up. It IS a paper-pieced kit, so if you see her name with paper-pieced under it, that is the one you want.
Good Luck,
Bev
Old 05-21-2010, 10:22 AM

Sorry if I am getting off the subject..been looking for any tips from some one who has made a fabric clock to hang on the wall. Going to use a Dresden Plate pattern but don't have a good idea of what stiffener/interfacing to use. Been searching online without success for a couple of hours. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-21-2010, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by tarbender30
martha jo and Sarah CA,
if you type in {the google search} or maybe Yahoo also, anyways just type in-judyniemeyer'sbaliweddingstar
you should be able to find it that way. Honestly, it took me quite awhile to find it but I did find it.
Or you could go to
www.judyniemeyer.com
and then type in
bali wedding star
and that should do it. I had even put in "kit & Quilts" and nothing came up. It IS a paper-pieced kit, so if you see her name with paper-pieced under it, that is the one you want.
Good Luck,
Bev
Or you can try this site:
http://store.stitchinheaven.com/stor...&Item_ID=22971