Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 05-22-2010, 01:39 PM

ok I mailed out blocks to the following

craftymainemom
hoppyfrog
jetnica
nancy in Louisiana
oatw13
purplemem
salmonsweet
sewcornie
suedonnie

and I hope the others that were mailed last week were all received I know a few were..

mistiliz
AkAngel
kysmommy2
buddy's mom
and mishnjim
Old 05-22-2010, 01:47 PM

I thought I posted. Sorry Star. I received your block and love it! :)

Thank you very much!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by mistiliz
I thought I posted. Sorry Star. I received your block and love it! :)

Thank you very much!
no problem, I am sure you did but I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anyone as I didn't post which ones I mailed the first time, thanx :thumbup:
Old 05-22-2010, 02:25 PM

Neoma's material has been found ... apparently I placed it with my blocks I had received ... instead of the blocks to be done ...

Sorry for any worry I may have caused you Neoma ... and I will be putting your completed block in the mail this week :)

She's talking to me telling me that she is wanting a transformation to be done so she can go home to her mommy!
Old 05-22-2010, 03:34 PM

I have no idea why I feel compelled to make this offer but I do and here goes:

Since I am all caught up on my blocks I am offering to REDO any block that ya'll got from me and are dissatisfied with for any reason. All you have to do is send the block back. I will either use all my own material or you can send another F8. I just know that some of my blocks aren't up to snuff and no one has said a word about it except one person and I very happily made this person a new block. They sent the old one back and I see why they were not quite happy with it. Must have done it in my sleep or something. As long as ya'll have the blocks back to me before the 30th of June I will have a fast turn around time on them -- most likely within 2 days. I start college on the 30th so turn around time will be unpredictable after that.

Please PM me if you want me to make you a new block. The only think you "have" to do is send the old block back so I can look at it and figure out what I did wrong and try and avoid making that same mistake again.

ReRe
Old 05-22-2010, 05:18 PM

??? WHAT??? GIRL ?? ARE YOU CRAZY?? NO WAY!!
When we joined this swap we all knew that there are different levels of quilters participating. I felt good about joining this swap because I knew ALL LEVELS are welcome (EVEN ME)!!

You should spend your extra time making yourself blocks or finishing a UFO!! I think we all need to send YOU EXTRA blocks just because you have come SOOO FAR in this swap. When I see the blocks that you made in the beginning and the most recent posts it is AMAZING to see how far you have come! You have challenged yourself and stepped out there and tried some new things! I commend you for this!

That's just my opinion!! Keep up the great work ReRe!!
Lisa

Originally Posted by ReRe
I have no idea why I feel compelled to make this offer but I do and here goes:

Since I am all caught up on my blocks I am offering to REDO any block that ya'll got from me and are dissatisfied with for any reason. All you have to do is send the block back. I will either use all my own material or you can send another F8. I just know that some of my blocks aren't up to snuff and no one has said a word about it except one person and I very happily made this person a new block. They sent the old one back and I see why they were not quite happy with it. Must have done it in my sleep or something. As long as ya'll have the blocks back to me before the 30th of June I will have a fast turn around time on them -- most likely within 2 days. I start college on the 30th so turn around time will be unpredictable after that.

Please PM me if you want me to make you a new block. The only think you "have" to do is send the old block back so I can look at it and figure out what I did wrong and try and avoid making that same mistake again.

ReRe
Old 05-22-2010, 05:28 PM

Thanks for being my cheering section but out of all 31 blocks I've done there has got to be at least 1 more that isn't quite what the mommy wanted.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:09 PM

Sorry Mom (ReRe)... keeping mine... I am very happy with it ... :D

I think "I" should have redone quite afew of them ... but I must say I can see the progress I've made ... and I totally appreciate everyone's patience with me ...

After seeing everyone's blocks ... it has me wanting to try different blocks, which I don't feel confortable doing when I've got a small piece of material ... I stressed so much over messing up a block and not having enough material to make some kind of block ... which is why I basically stuck with the 9 patch block.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:29 PM

No can do ReRe. I'm keeping mine! :mrgreen: I second Lisa's advice - make something special for yourself! If you have the time available right now, take advantage of that and make yourself a special treat to celebrate how well you have done. You deserve it! {{{Hugs}}}
Old 05-22-2010, 07:42 PM

We're all doing the best we can with what we have.

I don't want anyone remaking a block for me. To me, this quilt is as much a reflection of love and friendship as it is of artistry. If I receive a block that is "wonky", I will either be creative in its use in my quilt, or use it to make an accent pillow.

I don't think in terms of "perfect" or "imperfect", but only "participant". I need all participants to have a completed quilt. :-D :-D