Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
UGLY SCRAP CHALLENGE  Pics  5/1/10 - 5/14/10 >

UGLY SCRAP CHALLENGE Pics 5/1/10 - 5/14/10

UGLY SCRAP CHALLENGE Pics 5/1/10 - 5/14/10

Old 05-23-2010, 08:25 AM

Congrats to you,Norbana. Make sure you get the sunglasses out with some of the material's coming to you lol lol If you can make something out of all of this ROAD KILL, my "thimble" is off to you. hehe
Old 05-23-2010, 08:51 AM

Lol, I have one I'd send as well I didn't make the cut off for the challenge but in my opinion its defenately UGLY!!
Orange,yelloe,green stripe.
Muriel
Old 05-23-2010, 09:00 AM

Now honestly, when have any of us known a quilter to refuse FREE fabric???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

This part is even more fun, the what to do with it now phase.

Congrats on winning Norbana!!! It couldn't happen to a nicer quilter or to uglier fabric. :mrgreen:
Old 05-23-2010, 09:43 AM

I have 3 ideas floating around in my head on what to do with all of these uglies. One is a definite go, and you'll be surprised with what I'm going to do with 1/2 of it.

The other 1/2 of the fabric I'm still debating on. I can't imagine having all of these in one quilt so I think I'll somehow break them up.

I'm very open to ideas and suggestions, so feel free to chime in on how to turn these uglies into something pretty!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I just wanted to thank twisted quilter for coming up with this idea. It was a whole lot of fun to see the uglies and read everyones posts. I looked forward each day to see what was coming next. So THANK YOU Twisted Quilter for all the fun!!!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:37 AM

Ditto my PM TwistedQuilter!

It was a riot!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
I have 3 ideas floating around in my head on what to do with all of these uglies. One is a definite go, and you'll be surprised with what I'm going to do with 1/2 of it.

The other 1/2 of the fabric I'm still debating on. I can't imagine having all of these in one quilt so I think I'll somehow break them up.

I'm very open to ideas and suggestions, so feel free to chime in on how to turn these uglies into something pretty!

Congratulations! I voted for you!
OK, if you want people to chime in...depends on if you want to create ugly or pretty. You mention pretty. From the beginning of this contest I was thinking that a Sunny Lanes quilt could turn these uglies into something surprisingly pretty! I've got the book Nickel Quilts and the pattern is in there, but I've also seen it elsewhere. Check out Pat Speth's site at www.patspeth.com and go to the Workshop/Lectures page, which has a photo of Sunny Lanes. Right underneath is Jacobs Ladder, which might be another great option. Using black or a soft neutral with scrappy blocks could really unify everything and make it all work, and maybe the uglies wouldn't stand out! You might get every fabric in one quilt! Of course, Bonnie Hunter has great scrappy patterns on her Quiltville site, http://www.quiltville.com/. I can't wait to see what you come up with! We'll be watching!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I just wanted to thank twisted quilter for coming up with this idea. It was a whole lot of fun to see the uglies and read everyones posts. I looked forward each day to see what was coming next. So THANK YOU Twisted Quilter for all the fun!!!!!

AGREED!
Old 05-23-2010, 01:03 PM

Norbanaquilts the colors are all bad, don't think of them as ugly, more like less than pretty. some will make OBW an others half tryangle, think of them as light and dark logcabins fabric, surprise every one by useing their fabric in a Qt, large or small it won't matter. Theresse
Old 05-23-2010, 01:17 PM

Definitely a great deal of fun..............first contest i've ever entered that i really didn't want to win........Grats Norbana :)