Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 05-23-2010, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
We're all doing the best we can with what we have.

I don't want anyone remaking a block for me. To me, this quilt is as much a reflection of love and friendship as it is of artistry. If I receive a block that is "wonky", I will either be creative in its use in my quilt, or use it to make an accent pillow.

I don't think in terms of "perfect" or "imperfect", but only "participant". I need all participants to have a completed quilt. :-D :-D
I so second this. I don't know why someone would have complained about their block, it makes me a bit sad.

And in any case ReRe, you know already that I love the block you made me.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:05 AM

First I am going to say I am so happy to see the progress everyone (but myself it seems lol) is making! I love to see blocks going home. I am going camping Memorial Day weekend and hope to take some blocks to work on with applique :-)

Second-
RERE-all of the ladies have already said it and I thank you all for that but let me say it again: Your work is special and I for one am keeping the block you made for me. As previously pointed out this is a swap for ALL LEVELS of quilters. It is the best way for someone to see other blocks as they come in and see where they can change what they are doing. It encourages growth and development in ALL of us no matter the skill level. I for one never felt comfortable doing applique but after words of encouragement from a swapper I have decided to do some more. We are here to help each other grow, not tear each other down. NO ONE should be complaining to a maker of a block. If you have an issue with a block you should be contacting ME. I will take the necessary steps to make sure you enjoy your swapping experience.

Everyone here started somewhere and ReRe I think you are making great progress-I commend you for taking on the swap as well as Robin. You ladies have come a long way I think and I hope you continue to enjoy the swap and partake in it in rounds to come!

Hugs
April
Old 05-23-2010, 06:36 AM

ReRe, I have to agree with everyone here...You are not getting my block back!! I LOVE it!! I love all of them, they are special and each of the quilts made with these blocks will be special!
Old 05-23-2010, 07:50 AM

Your not getting my block back either, there all very special to me, your's included. I love all my blocks, Thanks everyone.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:16 AM

I want to let cjt mama know I received your f8th in the mail yesterday. I love this fabric it will be fun.

Let means I only need 2 more f8ths
krazy4quilts
Mosher

I'll be making several more blocks this week and getting them in the mail to their rightful mommies.

Muriel
Old 05-23-2010, 09:14 AM

You ladies all know how to make a body feel good. Thank you for being so vocal on your acceptance of my beginner efforts.

ReRe
Old 05-23-2010, 03:24 PM

ReRe you are not getting mine back either. I love it and so does DH. Everyone started somewhere. You have done a great job with this swap ...dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:32 PM

ReRe -- sorry girlie - but i'm keeping my block too!! I love it! =)
Old 05-23-2010, 04:50 PM

Some more blocks will be on their way to their Mommy's Monday...
Sew Cornie
Purplemem
Star
KathyN

I had lots of fun this weekend making Blocks!!
Old 05-23-2010, 05:26 PM

I have blocks heading home tomorrow to:
buddysmom
craftymainemom
kbunn
norbanaquilts
odessaquilts
star
<3