EQ7

Old 05-24-2010, 03:29 AM

During the month of May EQ is having a pre-order sale on EQ7. The full version is either 142 or 148 (Afterwards 189.95) the upgrade from EQ6 to 7 is $58. This is only good this month though.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:57 AM

thanks so, so much for all the wonderful feedback... i just had a workshop with George and Virginia Siciliano; he uses Quilt Pro... and loves it... on his iMac... so, i guess that's a good endorsement for me... and, i've been warned about installing additional Windows software on my Mac, hearing that it might (mysteriously) gum things up...
Old 06-02-2010, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I have the EQ6 upgrade from EQ5. I bought a new computer and a new laptop, so the program is on our old computer downstairs. I don't want to have to install EQ5, EQ6, and then the upgrade for EQ7 to put it on the two new computers. So, I am thinking that I will just purchase the new EQ7. What I HATE is that they only allow you a certain number of computers to put it on. ( I upgrade my computer about every year and a half to keep up on the latest in technology.)
Have you pre-ordered EQ7? If you ordered the upgrade, you do NOT have to have EQ6 installed but you do have to have the license number and password for 6 to be able to install the upgrade to 7. Check out their website. I was very surprised to read that but very glad as I was concerned PLUS we get unlimited activations and can put on as many computers as we need which is nice - 6 we were limited to 4 activations. The pre-order upgrade price was really a good price but if you haven't already pre-ordered, go ahead and order the upgrade but please do check the web site so you'll know that my info is accurate. I just learned this a few days ago and was thrilled when I first read it on this site but even so, I had to confirm it for myself.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I cannot find my EQ6 disk. Glad I don't need it to upgrade.
Did you look in the back of the EQ 6 owners guide? Mine has a pocket on the inside of the back cover and my license number and password are on a label there and I need them to activate the 7 upgrade when it arrives.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by eparys
The price of the upgrade alone might pay for itself. From what I read, you can have EQ7 installed on up to 12 computers and activate or de-activate as desired. EQ6 has only three activations - and then you pay $$ for additional ones. That means if you have it on two computers and either sell them or have a catastrophic HD failure you have "lost" two activations!
I totally agree with you. I've only had my 6 a few weeks but with the improvements in 7 plus the change in activations, knowing that I'm coming up on a new computer within the year, this is a good deal and worth that pre-order upgrade price. Luckily I could afford it but there was a time when I couldn't have afforded to buy it to begin with.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:51 PM

has anyone used Quilt Pro? i got version 5 and seem to be having difficulty using it... haven't had a chance to connect with support folks yet... kind of busy... but, my usual computer instincts don't seem to work awfully well on it... am a bit disappointed... i WILL call them, tho', before i get too discouraged.... really, really, really want a good design program... wish i had gone ahead with EQ6 or 7.... despite my husband's reservations about installing on our iMac with translation software.... thanks for all your feedback!!! anna