Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The dreaded swimsuit shopping >

The dreaded swimsuit shopping

The dreaded swimsuit shopping

Old 05-24-2010, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by fun2quilt
Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Why don't men have to agonize this much?!
They do, just not out loud!!!!
Both my husband and my father hate to wear swimsuits in public because they are too skinny.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Pam

I do most of my swimming in our pond, so will jump in there with what ever I happen to be wearing, or NOT willing to take off. (Depends on if the kids are around). Anyway, thanks for posting this. We are taking a vacation in Puerto Rico this summer and I will be doing lots of snorkeling and will need a suit. Alas I too, am fluffy. So sad.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
You know, it's amazing. Every one of us is a different shape and size, and yet we all dislike what we see in the mirror. There obviously isn't some universal figure that is bad, or good for that matter. Why don't men have to agonize this much?!
bc men lose their eyesight quicker than women, but their ego's keep growing! :lol:
Old 05-24-2010, 07:23 PM

I'm not touching this thread with a 10 foot pole. No sirreeee. Hurts too much. :lol: :oops: :roll:
Old 05-24-2010, 10:00 PM

I've gained quite a bit of weight since my honeymoon 2 years ago... when I felt too big for a bikini already. And as a nanny, the 4-yr old keeps bugging me to buy a swimsuit already so we can go in the pool. ::Sigh:: I guess I should just face the dressing rooms and try to find one.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:13 PM

thank god its winter down here~! :lol: I can wear my fur coat with impunity - no waxing, no shaving, just me and my hair!
Old 05-25-2010, 03:33 AM

Besides doing work in the yard, there will be nooooo public displays!!! Can't stand that I've gained all this weight back and its horrifying!! I've purchased most of my suits, in the past, either at Macy's or Penny's has (atleast had) some really nice tankinis.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:44 AM

Isn't it sad that our culture makes us so uncomfortable with our bodies. l. Do NOT try on a suit in one of those huge dressing rooms 2. be comfortable no matter what you wind up buying. You will not have fun with some underwire digging into you 3. A pretty coverup goes a long way. My daughter is a size 2 and goes through the same agony as we bigger girls do!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:44 AM

Well, I'm glad this question was asked, I for one over the years have bought bathing suits from just about everyone (since we have a boat) but in the last 2 years, I gained weight in my BELLY. So I'm on line see this really darling swim suit, sucks you in (tummy control) yeah right. Anyhow I order it in purple (what was I thinking) I get the suit all excited and I put it on and I look like BARNEY the taking Dinasour. UGH!!! Sending it back and back to square one. SO I'm off to check lands end and this carol woir.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:13 AM

Hi Mad:

My step daughter, who is a plus size, found 2 bathingsuits at Marshall's last year that fit her well and they were on
$29 each. Hope you have a Marshall's or other discount store near you.