Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed >

Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Old 05-26-2010, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
The blocks will fit in a flat mailer and postage on those are 4.95, so if you send me just the stamp (please put it in a envelpe so it doesn't get lost) I can get a mailer to use to send back your blocks.
A million thanks! That helps sooo much.
You're an angel
Old 05-26-2010, 07:00 AM

I hope to get mine finnished tonight.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:42 AM

Mine has been mailed by priority mail with self-addressed, stamped (actual stamps) included. Thank you.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Beth33
I'm having a problem.

I'll be able to send in my squares just fine. I ordered the small priority (3 DVD size) boxes from the post office, and lots of the $4.95 redwood forest stamps.

But, I can't put a return box inside my sent box. So, what should I do?

I could fold up a 9x12 manilla return envelope, but what about postage? Would those $4.95 stamps work on the envelope, too? Or are they made specifically for those boxes? And how many stamps should I put on it?

Any suggestions about how I can do this appreciated. (I have no way to get to a brick and mortar post office.)
Those stamps can go on any piece of mail that requires the more postage. The larger denomination stamps make it easier for the clerks to put postage on parcels/packages. Not all Post Offices can apply metered postage. Smaller Post Office apply as many stamps as are required to make the postage in stamps. I you are not using a flat rate envelope, there is a chance that $4.95 will not be enough postage and your parcel could be returned to you. It is best to check with your local Post Office. If you are on a route, you might want to check with your carrier.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:17 PM

I have this great June Tailor ruler that you just lay on the 2 1/2 strips, line up the marks and you can cut 2 1/2" squares even cutting one strip at a time in no time at all, probably less than 15 minutes, I had cut more squares than I needed for this project. This is probably my favorite ruler, it makes cutting squares totally painless. It also works to square up squares from 1 1/2" squares to 6 1/2" squares. It was $12.97 well spent at Walmart.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:27 PM

What does this wonder tool look like?? Is it the one with the slits every 1/2 inch?
Originally Posted by Aurora
I have this great June Tailor ruler that you just lay on the 2 1/2 strips, line up the marks and you can cut 2 1/2" squares even cutting one strip at a time in no time at all, probably less than 15 minutes, I had cut more squares than I needed for this project. This is probably my favorite ruler, it makes cutting squares totally painless. It also works to square up squares from 1 1/2" squares to 6 1/2" squares. It was $12.97 well spent at Walmart.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
What does this wonder tool look like?? Is it the one with the slat every 1/2 inch?
Originally Posted by Aurora
It does have slats every 1/2", but is smaller that the one used to cut strips. It also has a slat and two blue lines on one side and two wide slats for marking and a blue line on the other side . There are blue lines across the middle slats which are the markings for the tops and bottoms of the squares. In the middle there is an "X" in a square. At my Walmart it is $12.97.

The side markings can be used for marking HST stitching lines and cutting lines. The other side markings can be used to rotary cut HST's. My Walmart has two June Tailor rulers the large one is for cutting strips is $18.97 and the smaller one I believe is called a Square Up and as I said I paid $12.97 for it. Mine is in my car for my UFO on Friday. I hope this is not too confusing. I know it has sure made my life easier.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:54 PM

I'm stopping at WM on my way home, I'll have to look! Thanks!
Old 05-26-2010, 01:06 PM

Okay so I had my blocks ready to go to the post office and went out of town my dog found the ziplock and had to investigate thank goodness he just tore the bag, so I go back to pressing and counting lol and so is life
Old 05-26-2010, 01:40 PM

I am still plugging away. Life just keeps getting in the way. I had a beloved Aunt pass this afternoon. I had taken the day off to visit her yesterday... and she was still "in the moment" so it was a good visit. Today I have been talking on the phone with relatives, but tonight my husband and I are taking our daughter out to dinner for her 25th birthday. I am looking forward to dinner. Such is life.........Tomorrow is going to be my sewing time. Almost wish it would rain. Almost.