Mouse problem

Old 05-27-2010, 03:06 AM

I'd be worried about what killed the rats. It might be more of a hazard than just to the rodents. Maybe Animal Control would be interested in finding out what's killling the mouses.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Minda
:( I'm sorry. I didn't know they did that. I won't use the glue boxes anymore. I would think d-con and such would be just as painful for them. What other options are there?
(No, Billy, I am not going to go on a stakeout with my bb gun. :lol: )
Please don't think that I was singling you out or being critical of you. I didn't realize what happened either, until I saw it. I think most of us want to be humane, that's why I explained it. (Maybe Billy will come over and help you out, next time you have a mouse.) ;-)
Yeah I am there but I am not responsible for anything I shoot up while sniping mice!!!

Billy
:lol: :lol: :lol: It's all cool. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your update was not offensive to me. I was glad you shared your knowledge and experience. I did not know they did that to themselves and the visual you gave made me feel reaaaal bad for the mouses.
Now that you have shared your knowledge and experience with me I can make a wiser choice and I appreciate your having given me that advantage. I am leaning toward the electronic things. (I guess the sound keeps them away and doesn't exterminate them?????)
Old 05-27-2010, 04:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pam
I got some barn cats. Stupid things live on the front porch waiting for handouts. You can have my cats!

I've always heard cats can't live on mice. I have 4 cats and had 3 others in the past and I always kept them in my house, fed,cared for,declawed and spayed/neutered. just the way cats should be treated, in a humane way.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:04 AM

I vote for snakes, they will eat the mice they kill. Our cats always bring them home and leave them on the doormat for me to get and eat. And they are so very proud of themselves, too.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:28 AM

When I was in real estate in Fl. and we had a problem with mice, rats etc. we called pest control. I wish I could remember the name of the product they use to get rid of them. It kills them and they literally dry up and leave no smell etc. You might check with a local pest control.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:38 AM
Google Goddess

that is terrible, I hate mice also
Old 05-27-2010, 08:52 AM

bird seed and cement stir together and when the mice eats the seeds they dry up and there is no stink
Old 05-27-2010, 09:11 AM

Just read on the Florida Agriculture website about rodents and traps and ways to keep them out of your house and barn. One thing they said was that the noise repellers work well on roaches and waterbugs and other insects but have no affect on rodents. Maybe that's just for Florida?
Old 05-27-2010, 09:18 AM

I have a mouse problem also. I purchased a bottle of Peppermint essential oil. I put a few drops of the oil on cotton balls and put them throughout the house. Especially where mice have been sighted. The mice hate peppermint! I love the smell it gives in my home and the mice sightings are non-existent. I reapply the oil once a week.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Banned

Looks sto me like the Peppermint and the Sound thingys are the way to go since I am in TN and not FL. Better than having to kill the little things....... :-(

Mousie would be proud of me!!

Billy