Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I Dare You!..... >

I Dare You!.....

I Dare You!.....

Old 06-01-2010, 05:38 AM

Katsewnsew:

I have mother's old apron...it will be going on the wall shortly. What a great idea!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:40 AM

Stairs are becoming a problem for me, tho. Once I get down there, I am there for several hours!!! (that's not so bad, is it??) Imagine that!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by lalaland
ok, I have completed 17 bags for our troops, 2 pillow covers for a coworker, embroidered squirrels and acorns on a pair of jamies for another coworker, wrapped a present and did some ironing. Then I cleaned up my room so I can start on a new project and create new chaos. So here's the before and after.
Lalaland what kind of bags are you doing for the troops .Would you please post pictures.Thanks Sandy :-D (sandy mac)
Old 06-01-2010, 06:01 AM

My sewing room is the formal dining room. It has no DOORS. I try to keep it neat, but that is not easy with my DS sleeping in there. He moved back home last summer. He just left for 6 weeks @ camp !!!!! :lol: I just finished a massive spring cleaning spree because we were having company 2 weekends in a row, so it's still fairly neat

view from the living room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76666[/ATTACH]

view from the kitchen
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76667[/ATTACH]

living room to the left , kitchen to the right
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76668[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-76661.jpe
Views:	21
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	76666   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-76662.jpe
Views:	25
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	76667   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-76663.jpe
Views:	21
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	76668  
Old 06-01-2010, 06:03 AM

Well, there goes 2 hours of my day! Thought I'd "check in" to the Board to see what's new and LO, AND BEHOLD! all those hillarious pictures of everyones' sewing rooms! Just couldn't help but get lost in it all! YOU GUYS ARE A HOOT!!!! Until October, I sew in my dining room. My sewing machine and computer are on the same desk. No mess to show!
Billsgirl
Old 06-01-2010, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Howard
Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
I just had a baby... you don't want to see the state of my sewing room, lol!
Would love to see that baby
Howard, go to Personal Diaries and Announcements and click on Baren*eh*ked_canadian , start at the back pages, and look at the date and click back a week or two.
Look at mommy, then daddy and then baby and guess which one he is the spitting image of :thumbup: What a cutie! and I'm a quilting auntie ;-)
Old 06-01-2010, 06:22 AM

My room is wall to wall shelves with material projects in plastic boxes. It would look organized to another quilter, but not to everyone. Most things are labeled, so are easy to find. Not bragging! I just have that personality that wants all my ducks in a row. Happy to see some cluttered rooms because it makes me feel "normal".
Old 06-01-2010, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewloved
My room is actually the formal dining room. We just gated part of it off, so that little fingers are kept out. I have been needing to expand badly.

We have an old Ikea desk that we don't want in the bedroom anymore, so I am going to repurpose it as a cutting table. I can't wait to not have to drag my mat, material, ruler, blade, etc out to the kitchen.

Once I get the room rearranged, I am going to have to put a new picture up to redeem myself. :)
oh, girl, this is what I'm screaming. I love everybody's picture's
"as is", except mine!
I really am a cleaner/organizer and once upon a time I would never have posted pictures like that, but I have been so busy.
Heck, this mouse can really make a mess when in the midst of something creative, but I always clean up when i am done with that project.
My mother is a hoarder and just moved and since she can't see to sew/craft anymore, guess who couldn't resist all the freebies?
so it got piled up...you should see this computer room!
I have a twin bed in here and this room is 8' x 11 1/2' and there's 20 years of clothes...REMEMBER SHE'S A HOARDER EXTRAORDINAIRE,...that I'm going to sell in a big yard sale in the fall.
DH comes in here and says, "what are you going to do with all that stuff?
I told him and he just rolled his eyes and started walking away while I was talking!
I have a friend that will help and I'm going to sell these clothes cheap, cheap, cheep...lol ;)
Yes, I did make sure there wasn't anything I wanted to recycle into quilts :thumbup:
anywho, I am usually not messy like this, and the rest of my house is clean. HONEST!
No, I'm not taking pictures of the Mousepad, you'll just have to take my word for it ;-)
Old 06-01-2010, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by katsewnsew
Well, here a few pix of my basement! :lol:
Your stash looks like mine.....stacked by color. Nice.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by RuthS
My room is wall to wall shelves with material projects in plastic boxes. It would look organized to another quilter, but not to everyone. Most things are labeled, so are easy to find. Not bragging! I just have that personality that wants all my ducks in a row. Happy to see some cluttered rooms because it makes me feel "normal".
I hear you! My room is organized to me and those who sew in it. I have labeled drawers and places for everything. Even neat piles of half finished projects or fabrics I've cut from but haven't put away yet. But, looking at the pics, it looks sloppy. Grrr.