Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Guess what I found at Wm today? >

Guess what I found at Wm today?

Guess what I found at Wm today?

Old 06-05-2010, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by LilliPilli Lady
You girls are so lucky, there is very little quilting fabric here in Australia for under $15.00 a metre, which is about $19 US, and that's for the cheap stuff. Most good quality cotton is about $22 to $25 a metre. Very envious!!
Good morning, LilliPilli,

I happened upon your post this morning in the thread about the price of your fabric in your homeland. Just before that I was reading a newsletter I had received for the MISSOURI STAR QUILTS. They have a daily special each and every day.

When I was reading today's, I noticed something about their shipping but didn't pay too much attention to it until I read your post about how $$$$ your fabric is.

This might be of some interest to you.......their shipping seems better than what I have heard about before.

here is the website.... http://missouriquiltco.com/shop/shipping-handling

just thought this might be of interest to you if you like to order online at much better prices than you were quoting.

Happy day.....MaryJane
Old 06-05-2010, 04:17 AM

Most of the Walmarts around me have closed. But when I find one that does have fabric I always check out the dollar table.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:27 AM

This past week I went to WM and checked to see if the had a fabric department, since I hear so many of them closing that section out. They do still have the fabric, but what I saw was very "thin" it didnt seam to have a good thread count.They did have some very nice FQ's tho, I would buy those, but was a lil dissapointed in what they had by the yard.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:41 AM
Power Poster

Welcome LilliPilli Lady, I hear fabric in the other countries is so expensive. Yes, I guess we are lucky here, that we can find affordable stuff! Job market is horrible here though, lol!
Do you have garage sales or thrift stores there? I find used stuff every once in a while!
Old 06-05-2010, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by LilliPilli Lady
You girls are so lucky, there is very little quilting fabric here in Australia for under $15.00 a metre, which is about $19 US, and that's for the cheap stuff. Most good quality cotton is about $22 to $25 a metre. Very envious!!
I guess we don't know how lucky we are!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
awesome, our Walmart doesn't have fabric any longer in Indiana
Depending on where you live in Indiana and how recent your wm was remodeled, some still have fabric. Avon recentally remodeled and sent all their fab to Brownsburg store which still has fab til they remodel.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by cwessel47
I got some too! here in Maine. The girls there told me our fabric department will be closing the next time they do a re-fit (6 months or so.) I don't get a lot there - but at $1.50 a yard - there is always room for more.
Do you have a Mardens near where you are in Maine? I go to Maine on vacation every summer and I always go to the Mardens in Sanford to stock up on fabric. They have quilt-shop-quality fabrics for $2-$3 per yard.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:59 PM

My daughter and I went to Wal-mart here yesterday but they had no fabric marked down or nothing. In fact the material had gone up! Mary
Old 06-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Banned

Oh if I had money, I would have you buy me all the white, then I could dye any color I need. :) God bless. Penny
Old 06-06-2010, 02:44 AM

Thank you for the link, I intend spending some time and probably money on that website!!
We were recently in Hawaii and I bought some beautiful fabric for a quilt for my little grandson, I should have left all my clothes behind in the hotel and just loaded my bags with fabric. Then again, its always a good excuse to travel back to the US, we love your country, and next time we visit I plan to research the location of fabric shops before I leave home and travel very lightly.
I love this website, I have gained so much knowledge and so many ideas from it, I have several projects on the go and simply have to stop myself from starting anything else.
Cheers and thank you from OZ