Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is there a clock in your sewing area? >

Is there a clock in your sewing area?

Is there a clock in your sewing area?

Old 06-06-2010, 04:33 AM

NO CLOCK-When I go into my sewing room, it is to get away and relax. I have a stove clock and one alarm clock in the house.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:44 AM

No clocks in my sewing room. I usually wear a watch but don't check it unless I have an appointment somewhere. I can hear the buzzer on the washer and dryer from the sewing room so I can sew away.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Melody
I'm just realizing what's missing in my "new" sewing room. A clock! I admit to being a clock-watcher, although I wish I wasn't. There isn't a room in my house without at least one clock, and most rooms have two. If I didn't watch the clock, I'd be the last one to dinner, and I'm the only one who cooks :shock: Especially if I'm sewing, I lose track of the time. Surely, I'm not alone in this... am I? Or is it a phobia or something. :roll:
I Love your Clock Watcher attitude. Here is something I found on Urban Dictionary: Enjoy!
Clock watcher

someone at work or school who pays too much attention to the time

2. Clock watcher

A person at work that keeps tabs on when his or her co-workers come in to work, how long of a lunch they take and when they leave work.
Dude 1: "15 minutes late again..."
Dude 2: "What? You talking about me"
Dude 1: "Yeah, you're always 15 minutes late and you leave 10 minutes early too"

3. Clock watcher

a person who is bored during sex that they watch the clock to see how long it takes to finish.
"So how's your new girl? "Man I got to ditch this chick as she's a real clock watcher!

Hurrah for the Clock Watcher's!
Old 06-06-2010, 05:59 AM

I have a small clock right on top of my sewing machine and my longarm. Once I'm in my sewing room I loose track of time. They are set 15 minutes ahead that way I'm not late if I have an appointment or for making dinner for my dear hubby!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:00 AM

I have a clock in my sewing room and all the numerals are in a pile at the bottom of the clock. The message across the face of the clock says "Who Cares". My sentiment exactly. I live alone and my time is MY time.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:08 AM

I have a small clock. I sometimes like to sew for 15-20 minutes before leaving for work. In the evenings, I don't pay much attention to it, but it's there!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:38 AM

I have a clock, but I also have a timer. I set my timer so that I will get up and move. It makes me stay on task when I have a lot to do and am under a tight schedule, too. Sometimes I set my timer and change activities, it seems to make me more productive.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:41 AM

I have one in mine but it is so funny how things I am working on and thinking about come up the days I am able to get online. I just made a clock for my sister whose birthday is this month. It is also going into the challenge our guild has every year. The focus fabric that is the challenge fabric you must use is the white around the 4 patch in the center. I am still trying to decide whether to use the scissors on the pendulum or to make a rotary cutter out of fabric to make it more up to date. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-80171.jpe
Views:	52
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	80176  
Old 06-06-2010, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I do but the battery is dead.
Mine too!

:thumbup: I don't have to worry about what time it is! Cats and dogs tell me when they want to be fed.
Gordi B
Old 06-06-2010, 06:45 AM

No clock in the sewing room, but I do have my watch. Which I do check periodically, which usually reminds me that time has wings to fly! LOL