Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone Have a Vegtable garden? >

Anyone Have a Vegtable garden?

Anyone Have a Vegtable garden?

Old 06-06-2010, 11:34 AM

love weeds :mosquitos, LL OTHER BITING BUGS. SMall gRDEN BUT GReT.
CEEGEE
Old 06-06-2010, 11:35 AM

I only have raspberries growing in it and a tomato and zucchini. Not much of a garden. oh well I don't garden well. I forget to water.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:37 AM

I did an Herb Garden this year.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:54 AM

I have a small back yard with a small garden. I call it my salad bowl. I have leaf lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, yellow squash, green peppers & banana peppers. Things are growing like crazy this year. Last year, I decided to plant two birdhouse gourd plants...never again! Two little plants took over my entire garden. Who knew that they would grow so large? And they had a very strong musky smell (Stinky!). My dog would pull the vines over the garden fence & roll on it...yuck! But, I do have 6 good sized gourds that are ready to be painted & made into birdhouses. I just need to learn how to do it.

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Hows your garden doing this year? We seem to be having the perfect weather here, and everything is growing well, especially the weeds! Cant wait for cucumbers!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 12:09 PM

Mine is in planting beds and thanks to the liquid sunshine we're still having I haven't had to do a single bit of watering! Hopefully we'll have some actual sunshine one of these days and it will all balance out!
Old 06-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sally's girl
I set out 7 tomatoe, 1 vine cuke,1 bush cuke, 2 sweet peppers, 1 spaghetti squash, zuccini...want to plant KY. wonders beans if rain lets up long enough for garden to dry up to plant...plus lots of flowers. love sun flowers and morning glories
Where in Ohio are you with rain, I live east of Cincinnati and I am tempted to do a rain dance if we don't get any soon. Lots of thunder the last few mights but off in the distance, no rain for me. :shock: :shock:

I love morning glories and have blues one growing up the mailbox post.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Marilyn1
We have garden tables as my Dh can not take care of a ground garden. They are called "Salad tables". Everything is growing well.
I never heard of garden tables, what are they???????? I have problems bending and that sounds like it would work for me.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:35 PM

TruPeach I don't know where Sally's girl lives in Ohio, but Huber Heights has been getting plenty of rain. Early this morning we had some rain and the Strawberry Festival in Troy was like walking in muck because of it. I just assumed that Cincinnati was like us since we're about 1 1/2 hours away. I'll try to send you some rain!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I set out 7 tomatoe, 1 vine cuke,1 bush cuke, 2 sweet peppers, 1 spaghetti squash, zuccini...want to plant KY. wonders beans if rain lets up long enough for garden to dry up to plant...plus lots of flowers. love sun flowers and morning glories
Where in Ohio are you with rain, I live east of Cincinnati and I am tempted to do a rain dance if we don't get any soon. Lots of thunder the last few mights but off in the distance, no rain for me. :shock: :shock:

Old 06-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Debbie B
TruPeach I don't know where Sally's girl lives in Ohio, but Huber Heights has been getting plenty of rain. Early this morning we had some rain and the Strawberry Festival in Troy was like walking in muck because of it. I just assumed that Cincinnati was like us since we're about 1 1/2 hours away. I'll try to send you some rain!

Originally Posted by trupeach1

I will be waiting with bated breath. ;-) ;-) ;-)
Old 06-06-2010, 02:46 PM

I have a garden also, really enjoy the fresh vegtables. I picked peas yesterday and had radish sandwich for supper last night with some of the fresh peas. In the garden there are Green beans, spinach, all kinds of lettuce, tomatoes, red Itialian peppers,summer squash, winter squash lots of other things also. WE have had lots of rain and has been hard to get some things in the ground.Keeping up will come next, it is kinda hard when it is time to put things up for canning or freezing and keep the weeds out also. About the middle of July I plant cauliflower and broccli seeds right in the ground and they will produce before the frost, not hardly any bugs on them then. Sometimes I plant peas again at that time also.