Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Guess what I found at Wm today? >

Guess what I found at Wm today?

Guess what I found at Wm today?

Old 06-06-2010, 05:01 AM

I bought some yesterday and will probably go back for more. My store (60 miles away) only had 4 colors. This store is supposed to be "remodeled" this year and do away with the fabric.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:52 AM

Although our local Wm is closing it's faqbric department, I too have found some great fabrics. Some work up a lot nicer than more expensive fabric from "brand name" fabric stores.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:19 AM

We were passing through knoxville, tn. yesterday and stopped by walmar. I thought I would see if they are still selling fabric. Well I just I had just missed the sale because there wasn't much left for 75% off. Someone asked the clerk about their fabri. The clerk said that after they remodel they are going to sell prepackage 1,2 and I think 3 yards.
I am not sure if anyone else sells it that way or not. Here in georgia I haven't seen it like that. Have you or have you heard about this?
Old 06-09-2010, 06:25 AM

When one of our local Wal Marts had a big fabric sale before they removed the fabric department from that store, I made it a point to go there thinking it would be a great way to pick up some deals on quilting fabric. I was Sooooooooo disappointed. Most of the bolts had no information on them regarding fabric content. The vast majority (over 90%) were not cottons. I didn't see any fabric that looked like what they normally stock. It was as if another vendor brought in leftover fabric for the sale. I'll never rush to one of those again!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:25 AM

Here in SE Okla. I have found that when a WM stops selling fabric, they don't sell ANY fabric. They hardly have any notions, either. The closest one to me that still has fabric is 60 miles away. The clerks have told me to call 1-800-walmart and tell them I don't want this store to stop selling fabric. They say this has worked at other locations, so i am going to try it.
Originally Posted by quilterj
We were passing through knoxville, tn. yesterday and stopped by walmar. I thought I would see if they are still selling fabric. Well I just I had just missed the sale because there wasn't much left for 75% off. Someone asked the clerk about their fabri. The clerk said that after they remodel they are going to sell prepackage 1,2 and I think 3 yards.
I am not sure if anyone else sells it that way or not. Here in georgia I haven't seen it like that. Have you or have you heard about this?
Old 06-09-2010, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mamawcj
Here in SE Okla. I have found that when a WM stops selling fabric, they don't sell ANY fabric. They hardly have any notions, either. The closest one to me that still has fabric is 60 miles away. The clerks have told me to call 1-800-walmart and tell them I don't want this store to stop selling fabric. They say this has worked at other locations, so i am going to try it.
Originally Posted by quilterj
Yes, our stores in Ga. quit selling it too. That is why I was wondering if anyone else heard about them selling prepackaged
yardage.
Befor one of our stores quit selling fabric all together, they had gotten I think packaged fats. But I haven't seen anything else.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I have seen some of the quilters on here talk about precut packaged fabrics being sold at some WM stores.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:00 AM

I havent heard about Wm selling prepackaged fabric. A few month ago when I first heard that the fabric dept was being closed out the sales clerk gave me the store manager's phonne # and also the 1-800#. I called both. Did not stop the closing. there always seemed to be a line waiting to fave fabric measured and cut, so I do not see the lack of business. It will be a 50-60 mile trip to buy fabric or buy from catalogs for me.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:54 PM

Guess what I didn't find at WalMart today? Yes, you're right. I found NO fabric. Not a stitch. They still had sewing machines and a scanty selection of thread, but no thread. What do think we would sew with those sewing machines, not any of the scrap booking supplies they have where some of the fabric used to be. That store just lost my business. It is not where I usually shop but is located where I can easily stop when I am returning home from my doctor. I will not stop there again. My regular store doesn't have fabric, either, but the other store had fabric after it had been discontinued at my regular store. At least, we still have Hobby Lobby and Hancock Fabrics. Wish they were closer together.

Better than buying fabric from any of the afore mentioned places is getting it from friends. A friend called me last night and told me to be sure and drive my car to church Sunday morning, as she has more fabric for me than I could carry home.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Betty Ruth
Guess what I didn't find at WalMart today? Yes, you're right. I found NO fabric. Not a stitch. They still had sewing machines and a scanty selection of thread, but no thread. What do think we would sew with those sewing machines, not any of the scrap booking supplies they have where some of the fabric used to be. That store just lost my business. It is not where I usually shop but is located where I can easily stop when I am returning home from my doctor. I will not stop there again. My regular store doesn't have fabric, either, but the other store had fabric after it had been discontinued at my regular store. At least, we still have Hobby Lobby and Hancock Fabrics. Wish they were closer together.

Better than buying fabric from any of the afore mentioned places is getting it from friends. A friend called me last night and told me to be sure and drive my car to church Sunday morning, as she has more fabric for me than I could carry home.
Lucky You!!! to have a friend like that.