Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-10-2010, 07:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Billy;

What are you putting in the coffee?? DH says to stop cuz he doesn't want to see any more new to me machines comes thru the front door. Still have one on reserve that he doesn't know about though. My, what big shoulders you have there. :)

Chris
Next time use the back door he won't know. Then say it followed me home can I keep it pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee? :lol:
ROFLMAO!!!! I'm using that line later today for sure!!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Chris
Next time use the back door he won't know. Then say it followed me home can I keep it pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee? :lol:[/quote]

It's time to establish the ground rules. I tell my DH that there's lots of men in this world, but they aren't making these old machines any more.[/quote]

Miz Johnny, I like your thinking also. I agree about both men and these vintage machines. The other one I'm looking at is a 3/4 Singer made in Scotland. How can I not get it and give it a good home?
Old 06-10-2010, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Chris
Next time use the back door he won't know. Then say it followed me home can I keep it pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee? :lol:[/quote]

It's time to establish the ground rules. I tell my DH that there's lots of men in this world, but they aren't making these old machines any more.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you add kisses to your statement! LOL
Old 06-10-2010, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by JJs
Originally Posted by AshleyO
Is it bad that I'm scared to even go looking for a "new" machine? I'm afraid if I end up at the thrift store, antique store, or Craigslist one will follow me home. I don't have any more room for sad orphan sewing machines! LOL
there's always room for just one more.... :mrgreen:
LOL that's the attitude! Someday I will have a bigger house and then it will fit jusssstt fiiiiine!!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Ashley,
Thanks for the info and the website. The machine at the shop uses bobbins, not a shuttle. Wondered if this is one of the earliest to make that change. Guess I will have to do more research!!
Oh, hmmm. Well. Ok then. LOL Sorry about the misinformation. Hope the other stuff was helpful :lol:
Old 06-10-2010, 10:44 AM

I had to reread everything and then get some guts to start cleaning up my machine. Actually, it is fairly clean and once I oiled it up ---- it's purring like a kitten.

Boy, do I have lots to learn about keeping this baby in tip top condition. I guess it's just a learning curve. I'm so excited and happy!!!:-)

"Dorothy" is the name of my Singer 221 FW circa 1952. I have named her in honor of my mother who taught me to sew on her electric late 1930's? model Montgomery Wards high shank with shuttle bobbin. It's like riding a bike and reminds me of hearing Mom's encouraging voice in the background. :-)

This is fun! DH is even checking on what I am doing and offering encouragement!!! His is also curious about the machine. To him, it looks like it should be a toy....

Thanks to everyone for (posting) stopping by the shop. I feel very welcome here. :-)

Well, I've got to go. The Tigers have an afternoon game at Chicago with the White Sox. Last night was a horror movie so I've got to really encourage the team with the old English "D" :-)
Old 06-10-2010, 11:26 AM

I wonder what this monster is used for? I'm sure its a bargain at $25 because I know anchors run more then that.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...778881908.html
Old 06-10-2010, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
I wonder what this monster is used for? I'm sure its a bargain at $25 because I know anchors run more then that.

Man, Lisa, that would anchor a cruise ship! LOL

What a beastly lookin' thing! :shock:
Old 06-10-2010, 11:38 AM
JJs
Banned

There's lots of that stuff around here - Vanity Fair had factories around....

usually they are in the 600 dollar range ...
Old 06-10-2010, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict

Lisa;

Bet my uncle could use that to make his saddles.
Chris