Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Banned

Thanks everyone for all of the information on the Featherweights and the source for the DVD's and Books!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am glad we have the FW experts here to help out, Lord knows I might need you guys when I break down and get mine!!

Billy
Old 06-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

It is a 401a so is that a slant shank ? I haven't done anything with it today, storms blowing thru and it is sitting in my garage now :wink: LOL Much to my sons dismay :shock:

Should I just start by plugging it in ans seeing what happens ?

The big back wheel does turn , I did try that
Old 06-11-2010, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Ok be patient, there are a LOT of pics . This machine was given to me by a neighbor who was tired of it sitting in his garage :thumbup:
Sharon B, WoW! You have some real treasures there. Thanks for all of the pictures :D :D
Old 06-11-2010, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by cricket_iscute
Billy, you are so lucky! That two-spool Eldridge is beautiful! How did you come to own it?

That's one machine I'd love to own, and one day, I'll find one.

Cricket
Its not mine (although I would love to own it :thumbup: ) I was just giving a little history behind the companies.

Billy
Cricket, as far as I know that Eldridge will be mine this weekend. I will keep you posted.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:54 PM

Thanks Miz Johnny, but not in our town, we have "limited" shopping, and one Antique shop that is usually closed. Our garage sales have mostly clothes, and not a lot of people sew around here, mostly the ones in our quilting group and some elderly ladies. But I have already ordered the, so I guess I will keep them. My machine came with just the attachment straight stitch foot that was on the machine. There was not a book either, and they are so high on Ebay. I can hardly believe the price. Someone was selling them fairly cheap, but they were only copies not an original book, so I don't know if they are the correct books for htis series or not.But thanks for the info. and help. Gerbie
Old 06-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Cricket, as far as I know that Eldridge will be mine this weekend. I will keep you posted.
Linda if you get it I want to marry your machine...I want to be Mr that machine!!

Billy
Old 06-11-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Linda if you get it I want to marry your machine...I want to be Mr that machine!!

Billy
Billy, I think your heart is divided... don't you have other girl-machines in the wings :?: :roll: :roll: My, oh my, what is this shop coming to? LOL LOL LOL

How or where can I look up the serial number for this machine??? I would like to know the year it was commissioned and how many were commissioned.

The attachments that will come with the Eldridge
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83690[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-83685.jpe
Views:	123
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	83690  
Old 06-11-2010, 04:11 PM

The Eldridge machine looks like it will do the trick. very nice.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:13 PM

roseof sharon, how about Edgewater ever heard of that area?
Old 06-11-2010, 04:28 PM

Hi, I just wanted to relate a good experience with a company that seems to carry a lot of parts for our precious Featherweights. The company is Discount Sewing Machine in Lakewood TX. I ordered some new cushions, and bobbins and lubricant from them a week or so ago. I got the order promptly, and all was well, except that the wrong bobbins were sent. They were thicker then what is used in a Featherweight. So I emailed them and told them and they emailed back and asked the size of the ones I had received. Within the hour I got another email back and they said that yes, they had goofed and to keep the wrong ones or give them to someone that could use them and they would send the correct ones. In a few minutes I received another email with tracking that they had sent the new ones. Don't you just love good customer service !!!!

I just thought I should pass this on in case anyone needs anything. They have parts for other machines as well.

Oh, the best part. I got the new correct bobbins, with a note of apology plus a packet of eight Singer needles. Totally not necessary, but very appreciated. This was not a huge order, less then 20 bucks, but I felt like I was treated like a I had spent a fortune with them. I know I will use them any time I need stuff they have.