Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What quilt projects are you working on now? >

What quilt projects are you working on now?

What quilt projects are you working on now?

Old 06-09-2010, 09:04 PM

I am working on a quilt I started 25+ years ago. I made country curtians to match, that faded and were thrown outmany years ago. I retired 10 months ago and before I start any new projects, my plan is to finish all ufo's. Another ufo, the tinkerbell, I started over a year ago. That one is next.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-82599.jpe
Views:	60
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	82604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-82600.jpe
Views:	59
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	82605   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-82602.jpe
Views:	59
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	82607  
Old 06-12-2010, 05:22 AM

I finished uploading the pictures of my anniversary thread. I think, so far, this is one of the most important quilts I've made. I learned a ton doing this top just like I did on my first sampler.

Here is the link to the thread. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-36285-1.htm
Old 06-12-2010, 08:27 AM

Good for you guys to work on finishing up UFOs. I just keep MAKING more UFO's...I'm positive I have attention deficit...can't stand to NOT make a block pattern when I see one I just love. :lol:
Old 06-13-2010, 11:12 AM

I'm working on a heart quilt for a 7th grade student of mine who was just diagnosed with bone cancer. She'll be in the hospital all summer and I wanted to give her a bright quilt for her hospital room.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Good for you guys to work on finishing up UFOs. I just keep MAKING more UFO's...I'm positive I have attention deficit...can't stand to NOT make a block pattern when I see one I just love. :lol:
:lol: Okay, Feathers, I'm glad that I'm not the ONLY one w/this problem! I just started and already have 4 more I want to make but I am trying to FORCE myself to finish SOMETHING! I know that by year's end I'll have a huge stash of UFOs :lol:

Maybe if I go back to one that I'm working on I'll get further w/them and not get so bored ... I really SWEAR this is some weird form of ADD or ABD (already bored to death) :lol: :roll:
Old 06-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Kas

Originally Posted by lady.quilter
I am working on 2 at once. Never done that before so is a new experience for me! I am doing a dinosaur baby quilt with a co-worker of mine for another co-worker who is due in March. It has been great fun to get together to make the blocks.

The second quilt is a butterfly baby quilt for a friend of mine who's baby is now 2 months old. Little late for the shower... Oh well. :)
Oh my gosh! I made the dinosaur quilt for my second son! It turned out so cute and he loves it still, even though he is 13 now.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:29 PM

I'm starting a lap quilt from Bail Pop the coffee colors. Been playing with the colors for the blocks. Still thinking about border and backing colors. Has to match my dog. As a cross stitcher I made it a rule to finish the project I was on before starting another, which is motivates to finish, there is always something else out there I want to do. So lap quilt, then a art quilt of glads and other flowers.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
This was the hexagon covered pincushion that I made and covered an old pincushion that I bought at a craft show.

I found the pattern online for the basic pincushion but I made hexagons to cover mine.

http://monkeyroom.blogspot.com/2007/01/tutorial.html
My mother used to have a pin cushion like this one, but I never knew that thread went in those little holes ... apparently, she didn't either. The things we learn on The Quilting Board.
:) :) :) :)