Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Vent: Joann's Store >
  • Vent: Joann's Store

• Vent: Joann's Store

Old 06-13-2010, 07:24 PM
    Power Poster

I enjoyed my one visit to the Joann's across the river. They were nice and helpful. But the decline in customer service is not just at one store but seems to be everywhere. And I'm not just talking about fabric stores but most retail stores. So sad.
    Old 06-14-2010, 02:49 AM

Yep...I know what you mean..I did the same thing, a couple weeks ago.. I won't shop there again for material.
    I found a place online thats great. www.fabric.com. I got the kona solid cottons, for $3.48 per yard, they were on sale, the white was 4.48 per yard....they are so soft, and quality cottons...nothing like what I got at Joanne's....I took theirs back..
    If you watch, you can get some deals there, if you spend $35.00, shipping is free, to and from, if you need to send anything back.
    Old 06-14-2010, 03:04 AM

Same thing happen here. Bolt is marked one price, I TELL the cutting girl, she nods, then when it is rung up, it is ANOTHER price (higher of course) this has happened TWICE on the same fabric! I just let it go THIS time, but next time I will LOOK at the tag the cutter gives me and I will NOT speak in a soft voice IF it is wrong AGAIN! Then a couple notions was the same way.-----I think it is the sign of the times - that is NO EXCUSE!!Ohhhhhh Mickey D's NEVER gets the order correct, DH is always shorted, etc. We all have to be AWARE !
    Old 06-14-2010, 03:13 AM
    Evy

I've never had a bad experience at ours. Saturday I bought a bolt of muslin for 29.95, then in Sunday's ad the same product was 24.95. When I went in Sunday I had my receipt, showed it to them and they made an adjustment. No problems, no attitude. You can always buy fabric from the lovely folks at the Walmarts that still carry fabric. That I can vent about also!
    Old 06-14-2010, 03:41 AM

Our JoAnns in Bangor, Me., area is terrible,they have a sale, with one cutter and one cashier,not for me or anyone I know,we have 2 quilt stores in this area plus Mardens.There is one about 10-15 miles away and one about 40-50 I really like that one,she sells Janomes and services them too,very nice and honest.
    Old 06-14-2010, 04:06 AM

I rarely shop at JoAnn's, but needed tread the other day and that is all I bought!! But....I had gone to Wal-Mart the same day and asked someone where the bread crumbs were and the guy put down what he was doing and walked me to where they were asking someone along the way as he was not sure. Then he returned to the other side of the store to finish what he had been doing. Then I needed some graduation cards and again had to ask and again the girl got up off the floor and walked across the entire store to point me to the right aisle. I even said to her that she could just point me in the right direction, but she did not do that. I am just wondering if Wal-Mart is now giving lessons in customer service!! We also find that the Lowe's here is very helpful!
    Old 06-14-2010, 05:04 AM

Our nearest JA store is either 60 miles east or 75 miles north. We used to go to the closer store all the time it was small then but great customer service. Well, they opened a super store last summer and I won't go there anymore. I've had so much trouble with things not ringing up right,rude customer service,etc. none of the ladies are at the new store anymore.

We go north to the smaller store and have great custormer service. It's amazing how one store is so diferent from the other store.
    Old 06-14-2010, 05:06 AM

Writing the corporate offices is a great idea. Perhaps if we all did that they would get the messge to put things back the way they were. Sure, economic times are hard but hey, they keep cutting back on people and still expect them to do more and more. AGAIN I SAY: if there is action in numbers, lets show our strangth and write to corporate. Maybe we could suggest that they send one of the big bosses to go undercover and try to learn all that is expected of a person working there.
    Originally Posted by pab58
    I'm so sorry you had such a terrible experience! :cry: Personally, after the nasty attitude of the manager I would have marched back in with my bag(s) in hand and told him I wanted my money back!!! Then after I got back home I would have written to the corporate offices and told them of my experience! Not that corporate would do anything about it, but at least you would have registered your complaint. The JoAnn stores around here seem to be dropping like flies! One of the reasons could be because of their lousy customer service! 8-)
    Old 06-14-2010, 05:09 AM

Joann's used to have enough people on to do this same thing. Why did they change? They must be losing business every day with this change in management.
    Originally Posted by beachlady
    I rarely shop at JoAnn's, but needed tread the other day and that is all I bought!! But....I had gone to Wal-Mart the same day and asked someone where the bread crumbs were and the guy put down what he was doing and walked me to where they were asking someone along the way as he was not sure. Then he returned to the other side of the store to finish what he had been doing. Then I needed some graduation cards and again had to ask and again the girl got up off the floor and walked across the entire store to point me to the right aisle. I even said to her that she could just point me in the right direction, but she did not do that. I am just wondering if Wal-Mart is now giving lessons in customer service!! We also find that the Lowe's here is very helpful!
    Old 06-14-2010, 05:17 AM

The Joanns near me is the same way. the clerks are nice but seem to be under so much pressure. They are not happy and in a fizz all the time. One day when I was there one of the ladies started venting, I guess. she was about to quit. Very nice lady. She said that corporate headquarters doesn't care about customer service. I guess it's all about the almighty dollar. More or less the clerks hands are tied. For the most part the clerks try to be friendly here but you can tell are not happpy.