Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Vent: Joann's Store >

Vent: Joann's Store

Vent: Joann's Store

Old 06-14-2010, 06:34 AM

I'm not sure what the issue is or what happened but....

Just like every employer everywhere, they are hiring inexperienced employees for cheap wages, etc.

My experience...The women behind the cutting board "know nothing about fabric, etc". Luckily the JoAnn's I visisted at home had a great Manager and the women were NICE. I got to know them well. When I was in the store, they would ask me to help with customers. I helped just about every time I was visisted.

I could tell you "many" like stories but I could write a short book.

Sorry for you frustration. Maybe we should all send JoAnn's a message and plead for experience workers.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Administrator

soooooo here's where the summary seems to stand so far.

there are good Joann's stores and not-so-good. from the sounds of things, there might even be a few total stinker-stores. in broad terms ... more good than bad.

pondering... do we really need to keep kickin' the horse over it?

i'm not fussing or criticizing. just wondering if it might not be time to go look at some pics of pretty quilts. ;-)
Old 06-14-2010, 06:45 AM

I have to say that the employees are nice and doing what they can but are limited to what they can do. It seems to be coming from corporate headquarters.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:47 AM

SORRY you had such a frustrating day !! We understand your pain ...
Our Joann's is a small, out of date store but at least most of the staff & Mgr are pretty nice. My main gripe is the items that don't ring up on sale. I've caught those SO many times !
I don't buy much there anymore, I'll stop for thread, a mag or occas a book (IF they get any NEW ones!) I prefer to support our LQS for everything else I can.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
soooooo here's where the summary seems to stand so far.

there are good Joann's stores and not-so-good. from the sounds of things, there might even be a few total stinker-stores. in broad terms ... more good than bad.

pondering... do we really need to keep kickin' the horse over it?

i'm not fussing or criticizing. just wondering if it might not be time to go look at some pics of pretty quilts. ;-)
Hey, you're right. Oh, and I love your signature and your avatar! :lol:
Old 06-14-2010, 07:37 AM

I don't usually respond, but this time I had to let you know that I agree. There is a JoAnn Store down the street that I will never, ever, EVER set foot in again. I wrote to the main office to voice my complaint about my experience and received the pat answer that they would pass it on to the store manager. The store manager, of course, never responded. I think their philosophy is that we need them more than they need us because there's always another victim ready to shop. If enough of us boycott their stores, they will soon run out of victims.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:38 AM

Thankfully we don't have a Joann store in the uk, or I would be empathising with you. The stores I go to are a lot better over here they can't mess you about like that we have a trading standards policy so we can complain and get things put right. Well most of the time any way I have no complains about them,some of them are really pricy so I tend not to go to those any more I shop around. Quilting and patchwork has really took off and the shops are so sucessful that they close down so they can have a life!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Columbine
I don't usually respond, but this time I had to let you know that I agree. There is a JoAnn Store down the street that I will never, ever, EVER set foot in again. I wrote to the main office to voice my complaint about my experience and received the pat answer that they would pass it on to the store manager. The store manager, of course, never responded. I think their philosophy is that we need them more than they need us because there's always another victim ready to shop. If enough of us boycott their stores, they will soon run out of victims.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:40 AM

I live in the suburbs of a medium-sized city. There are several JoAnn's stores within driving distance. Some of them are great--others not so good. It's not the company, it's the management of the individual stores. Sorry for your bad experience. Sounds like you live near one of the bad ones. I've had both good and bad experiences in JoAnn, and they tend to be in the same stores again and again. I'll shop at some, but not at others.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty1
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
just remember ... every Joann's store is different. for every vent event, there are lots of happy customers.

we're sorry you don't enjoy your store and hope you find a store you do like very soon.
Oh, I hope I'm not making other people think twice about going to Joann's. This is just MY story and MY experience. I won't go to this particular store, but if there's another Joann's that I happen to pass by, I'll go and check it out.

Hi Crafty,

You are so right that each JA's is different. I am up in Green Bay, WI helping my daughter out after surgery. The local JA's here has very little to offer me except for elastic to do some sewing and a few other things.

I was there last week and the check out clerk asked if I found what I was looking for. when I replied "NO" she became defensive and just plain 'ol rude.

Meanwhile, the JA's where I live have much more in the quilting area, tools, and such ... and are really friendly and definitely don't cop an attitude with shoppers.

Me: I avoid this JA's up here unless absolutely necessary. It is too sad to see how little input the quilting community up here has.

ali
Please don't let my experience affect you into not going there, it is not my intentions! They do have great sales tho!