Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Vent: Joann's Store >

Vent: Joann's Store

Vent: Joann's Store

Old 06-14-2010, 08:32 AM

I have stopped shopping at Joann's. Tired of the way they do not appreciate their customers and how the salespeople are not friendly or helpful.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:37 AM

CRAFTY 1 I also had another bad experience @ Joanns sunday I cant believe the bad customer service & i got 1/2 yard fabric & the girl didnt get the decimal point so it showed up as 5 yrs well of course i had bought several things & when i got to the car i went over the invoice. naturally, there was a mistake I went back in to get back $24 & the cust serv gal says "good thing you found it b4 you got home" what?? i said"it's too bad i have to check my receipts for mistakes" good grief I dread going there but do so when items are 50% Just keep track of what goes on grrrrr
Old 06-14-2010, 09:10 AM

I live in West Palm Beach and have 2 JoAnns close by. I have made friends with one or two of the women who are always there and go to them when I have a problem. It works. My complaint is that sometimes when they have a great sale on quilting items they run out quickly and don't replace them. They use a "take a number" system and I have had some delightful conversations with other customers while waiting to have fabric cut (lovely material, making a dress, quilt, etc.)and no huffing and puffing over the number or amount of material a person wants cut. Guess I'm just lucky.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:22 AM

Has anyone let the corporate office know of your experiences? If I had more than one bad experience that is what I would do. Here is the web site.
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....=irol-govboard Hope you can get this issue resolved.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:46 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. :( We have five or six close enough to where I live that I can pick and choose (one has more quilting stuff, one has scrapbooking, and one has knitting). Even with all those choices, you still get bad service once in a while.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:52 AM

I can relate!!! Thanks for speaking up!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:55 AM

Go to Mary Jo's in Charlotte area. Great store.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:57 AM

I sent the JoAnn management a link to this series of "vents", thinking they should know what is being said across the country about their stores. My own experience last week was that the register kept taking the 50% discount off the least expensive item. When I pointed it out to the cashier she tried several different ways to convince the register to do it on the most expensive (non-sale) item but couldn't get it to work. Finally the manager told her to ring up the most expensive item as a single sale with the discount. Had to run my credit card thru twice but at least I got the discount and the staff were helpful. Told the long line of customers behind me that I was sorry, but the savings was $20 and I wanted what the coupon promised!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:59 AM

I understand your frustration and I would be mad too, but the only way to change it, is to contact JoAnns home office.
Email them and tell them what keeps happening and how rude and useless the manager and employee was. Yes, customer service is lacking all over, because no one is bothering to take pride in their jobs and no one is informing the head offices to try to change it. I have worked in customer service at several different types of stores, WalMart, Quilt Shop, etc as well as on the phones with companies. I was taught to treat customers like you want to be treated and believe me when they don't treat me like I treat my customers, I call the head office on it. The more we put up with it, by walking away or not doing anything at all, the longer it will be this way. So contact Joanns and tell them---yes, you are only 1 person, but if each 1 person does it, that will add up to a lot of people and they will listen. Good luck and let me know what happens
Old 06-14-2010, 10:14 AM

Which JA's was this? I live in NC and the only store I can find is in Winston-Salem or Cary.

I used to work at JA' in FL and all they preached was customer service. I have to admit though we had an excellent store manager.