Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-14-2010, 10:52 AM

Wow, Billy, that was interesting. Such a shame the US doesn't appreciate our history by preserving such beautiful old buildings.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:00 AM

Thanks Billy for the info. I love history now that I am not in high school and being tested on it. I can even remember lots of it, if it interests me. LOL

A bit of trivia... it has only taken us 16 days to jump to 155 pages! Not bad for a new shop... coffee, tea n' all!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Thanks Billy for the info. I love history now that I am not in high school and being tested on it. I can even remember lots of it, if it interests me. LOL

A bit of trivia... it has only taken us 16 days to jump to 155 pages! Not bad for a new shop... coffee, tea n' all!
2312 post and 55,372 views in almost 6 weeks, not bad if you ask me!!

I really had know idea that this would take off and run like this when I started this thread! I wish we should have our own section that way we can search the topics and find the information better. We do have some really good information here!!

Billy
Old 06-14-2010, 11:18 AM

Maybe you should ask Admin about our own section. I don't contribute much, but read it religiously!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by SewExtreme

2312 post and 55,372 views in almost 6 weeks, not bad if you ask me!!

I really had know idea that this would take off and run like this when I started this thread! I wish we should have our own section that way we can search the topics and find the information better. We do have some really good information here!!

Billy
YES! YES! We do have really good information in the cafe. I want to set aside time to chronicle it all and list pages, etc. for some specific types of info so everyone can look things up when they need to. It's a matter of grabbing that time.

However, Billy, you do realize that we are moving at a faster clip in the past 2 weeks.

What does it take for us to have our own section?
Old 06-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Power Poster

I was thinking the other day how nice it would be to have a new section, too!
Old 06-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Banned

here is one i like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-60s-HOT-PIN...item19bd0fd743
Old 06-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Banned

this is the machine i was talking about btw, she wants 200 now!

http://nashville.craigslist.org/atq/1791633045.html
Old 06-14-2010, 01:30 PM

Billy or whomever, I've got a quick question. Wasn't sure if I should ask here or in the disassembly/cleaning section. I've been tinkering around with my new (to Me) FW and so far she seems to be humming along just fine. There's a bit of a knock, but I guess that will work itself out as I clean it and lube it. My question is regarding the tension. I've tried it in several different positions and from the back everything looks fine, but from the front it doesn't look like stitches. It just looks like a piece of string. No distinction in the stitches. Due to bad eyesight I have a CCTV. I put the fabric on it and checked it out and there is no distinguishable difference between a setting of 1 1/2 and 7 on the upper thread tension. Do I need to take it apart and clean/adjust it? Thanks. Again, I will post pics soon.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Power Poster

Oh, I like that too! Great color...I love pink and purple!!!!!!!!!!! Are you going to bid???? I've NEVER done ebay before, can ya believe it????