Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What other hobbies do you have? >

What other hobbies do you have?

What other hobbies do you have?

Old 06-18-2010, 06:04 AM

I work full time and It's our family business so it's not a 9-5 job more like 8-7 so time is scarce at this point in my life but my 2 hobbies right now are quilting and as always reading. I also like to run but that's more a stress release thing where quilting and reading are an escape. But, I have a list of "when I have time and money" things. I want to take a photography course, and when the first son gets engaged I already told DH that we are taking a dancing class, then when I find out I'm going to be a grandmother I want to take a candy making class and a cake making class. Then, I'd like to go back to take more intense piano lessons (took them for yrs as a kid but never was serious about it) Oh, and I want to take a stained glass course. And, I have a whole list of places I want to travel to. Too much to squeeze in in a lifetime, huh? Oh, and I really want private golf lessons too so I can really enjoy golfing as a hobby!
Old 06-18-2010, 06:08 AM

I've tried lots of stuff! The things I truely enjoy are quilting, crocheting, cross stitch, scarapbooking, and reading. Right now I'm only quilting....just can't put it down! Since I babysit every day...theres not enough time to do all I want.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:58 AM

Now that I have retired, quilting will be my No. 1 project since we have 2 kings, 4 queens and 4 twin size beds to cover. I also knit, crochet and do needle point pillows. As soon as i figure out how to get pictures from my new camera into my computer, I will post some of my projects here.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:07 AM

Photography and cooking. I'd like to incorporate photography and quilting into one project some time, but so far I haven't been brave enough.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:15 AM

I used to show our Borzoi at dog shows. Now that they are all retired, I knit some and garden in the summer. I also love stamped cross stitch projects.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:26 AM

I love to blog!

Missy
Old 06-18-2010, 08:11 AM

I do jewelry, make candles, paint ceramics ... tried crocheting and knitting ... but want to get more into it but can't get the hang of it ...I've covered photo albums as gifts ... crocheted fun fur on flip flops ... done a bit of hand embroidery ... made wreaths for Christmas and fall ...

I love any and all crafts ... I think I've tried out various ... I've even tried painting and pastels ... not an artist for sure ... my problem is I know enough to try it and be dangerous ... but nothing with great skill.

I want to learn how to use polymer clay to make little statues, ornaments, and beads ... but my first love is quilting and I've been wanting to learn it for a LONG LONG TIME!!!

I wish some of you all lived closer to me ... so I could learn some of these crafts you speak of :D
Old 06-18-2010, 09:29 AM

Quilting and sewing are my hobby passions, but I am also a huge, lifelong fan of baseball - Angels season ticket holder for over 40 years! I'm a professional script reader for the movie studios, but I still like to read in my spare time. After all those silly screenplays, I love to read history. Abe Lincoln in particular.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:02 AM

Quilting, Genealogy, Sewing, Genealogy, Beading, Genealogy,
Cross Stich, Genealogy, China Painting, Genealogy. and back to quilting.
Too old to start anything new, but love what I do.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Power Poster

Before I took up quilting, I was into cross stitching. I did that for 17 years, then suddenly decided that pictures on the wall was not as important as something to keep you warm.

I also love writing poetry, 201 so far. And I an into photography, collecting blue glassware, and movies.