Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Support for the quilting board members >

Support for the quilting board members

Support for the quilting board members

Old 06-18-2010, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
I was wondering how many shop/online stores etc. that we have on here. I'm sure there is more than just me that would like to support these business' of the members here. Maybe we can get a list together for people to visit and support.

Especially with vaca time on us. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to stop in, support and meet another member.

Just a thought. :-D
That's very thoughtful of you sewcrafty!

I am affiliated with a shop...Quilter's Paradise in NY. I try not to do any "shameless promoting" b/c I just enjoy this digest for all the ideas and energy it gives.

I started the online store in 2000, and in 2009, sold the online business for health reasons. It was purchased by my son's friend, Ingrid. (they knew each other since they were 3 years old. now they are in their 30's!). She worked for me before she purchased the business.

Ingrid has moved the online store into a lovely re-furbished barn out here in the hamptons, and she is working like crazy to make it successful. I am just working as a consultant for her, and starting my own pattern business, as well as getting into longarming. (I have an A-1 being delivered in the fall. YEA!)
I know Ingrid would appreciate any orders you can send her way. She delivers all over the world. If you are vacationing in the Hamptons on Eastern Long Island, send her an email or call her.
http://www.quiltersparadiseonline.com/
Old 06-18-2010, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by wishiwerequilting
I was wondering how many shop/online stores etc. that we have on here. I'm sure there is more than just me that would like to support these business' of the members here. Maybe we can get a list together for people to visit and support.

Especially with vaca time on us. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to stop in, support and meet another member.

I am affiliated with a shop...Quilter's Paradise in NY. I try not to do any "shameless promoting" b/c I just enjoy this digest for all the ideas and energy it gives.

I started the online store in 2000, and in 2009, sold the online business for health reasons. It was purchased by my son's friend, Ingrid. (they knew each other since they were 3 years old. now they are in their 30's!). She worked for me before she purchased the business.

Ingrid has moved the online store into a lovely re-furbished barn out here in the hamptons, and she is working like crazy to make it successful. I am just working as a consultant for her, and starting my own pattern business, as well as getting into longarming. (I have an A-1 being delivered in the fall. YEA!)
I know Ingrid would appreciate any orders you can send her way. She delivers all over the world. If you are vacationing in the Hamptons on Eastern Long Island, send her an email or call her.
www.quiltersparadiseonline.com
clicked on the link and this is what I got:

HTTP Status 404 - /www.quiltersparadiseonline.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

message /www.quiltersparadiseonline.com

description The requested resource (/www.quiltersparadiseonline.com) is not available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/6.0.20
Old 06-18-2010, 09:45 AM

I know. me too, but I can't figure out why.
Let me try again...

Richie and Ingrid age 3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88097[/ATTACH]

richie and ingrid now
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88098[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-88092.jpe
Views:	21
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	88097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-88093.jpe
Views:	24
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	88098  
Old 06-18-2010, 10:03 AM

I think this is a great idea; I would much prefer to support a Board member than a corporate store and I have never purchased from a LQS - can't afford the exorbitant prices and I know when I move I won't likely be making many trips into town just for fabric. Would rather help out "friends" here
Old 06-18-2010, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
What a kind and practical suggestion!

Please include me on your list of shops. I would most definitely appreciate the support of the members here.
Beautiful fabrics and nicely laid out for ease of finding just what I'm looking for! I've bookmarked you.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by quiltedrunner
By the way... My LQS (hopefully coming in August) will be named Quilted Comforts.
Nice name! Since mention was made of a sitting area ... will you have a sign there, something along the lines of "Chair Comforts"? That's not quite right. "Waiting Comforts"? You can't quite use "Patient Family Comforts" or it will sound like a health care facility...

:-)

Oh never mind...
Hehe... Maybe just "comfort zone"... or "waiting zone"... "take-a-load-off zone"...
:?
Old 06-18-2010, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by wishiwerequilting

Yummy fabrics and a pretty site to visit. There goes another bookmarked page!
Old 06-18-2010, 11:09 AM

thanks! we sure hope you stop by and visit often. ingrid has a free $25 give away every month if you sign up for her newsletter. Never know...you could be the lucky winner!!!
:-)
Old 06-18-2010, 11:24 AM

What a kind and practical suggestion!

Please include me on your list of shops. I would most definitely appreciate the support of the members here.
i've bought fabric from Favorite Fabrics and was very happy with the service, the quality and the info i got. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-18-2010, 03:44 PM

I like your ideal.Please let me know.