Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 06-18-2010, 10:36 PM

today has been one of those days quilt wise that it didn't pay to turn on the sewing machine. I accomplished absolutely nothing but ripping and getting frustrated, maybe tomorrow will be better I was really hoping to get some more blocks done and out this weekend.
Muriel
Old 06-19-2010, 08:58 AM

I have not been able to work on any more boomerang lately. It has been pretty busy since the kids have been out of school. I even had two weeks of of work and barely got anything done but preparing for vacation. also had a death in the family so...... I hope to get back to the remaining blocks asap!!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:13 AM

[quote=AkAngel]crafymainemom
thanks for letting me know.

Has anyone heard anything from Purplemom? I am really getting concerned about her she hasn't posted anything all week on this thread,

I was reading another thread yesterday and she posted on the 15th or 16th
Old 06-19-2010, 12:45 PM

Yea Pony Express came today.Got a block which I love from Craftymainmom and a f8 from Mosher 92.If anyone is missing f8 from me please say so !!!!!!!!neoma
Old 06-20-2010, 01:51 AM

Muriel,
thank you so much for asking about me. I have had a tough go recently.

First, my computer went crazy, or so I thought. It wouldn't download anything and would "time out" whenever I tried to get on the board. As crafty said, I got to post on one new thread but then it wouldn't load anything. The problem was HughesNet. They decided I was using too much computer time (imagine that! :roll: ) and limited my usage for 4 days. They are trying to upsell me a more expensive package as (in their opinion) I use internet more like a "pro" and less like a "home" user.

Then, the heat is so severe that I can't breathe if I go out the door. My doc told me I could DIE (because of my lung damage) from the intense heat and to stay indoors. I have been grounded until the temps are 80 degrees or less. That killed all my quilt club plans for the summer...or going shopping, etc. I'm not allowed to walk out my door!

THEN, my leg started hurting and it appears I have cellulitis again. It is all swollen and red, burning, etc. I'm trying to put off going to the hospital and letting my doc see it Wednesday, at my regular appointment. I will go to hosp if I get a temp or it swells more.

And to TOP it OFF - my father has had "suspected prostate cancer" for about 7 years with no difficulties except for PSA of about 90. Well, since Christmas he has been hosp (back and forth) for kidney failure, heart probs, etc. Now they finally officially declared he has cancer of the prostate in Stage 4, and it has affected his heart, thyroid, is in his lymph nodes, etc. Although we all knew the payback for non treatment (his choice) would come, it has been pretty hard to see him go from extremely active (driving, playing guitar and singing every day, gardening) to bedridden in 6 months. Our family is trying to deal with this and my mother is in total denial, which is part of why Dad wouldn't get treatment previously.

I did get your boom block and it is lovely. I have 4 F8s here to make and will before the month is out. I still need Krazy4Quilts F8. When I am allowed to un-elevate my leg, I will go to the sewing room and update my block receipt book (and post).

If you wish to contact me, please PM. I do get those. My private email is: [email protected]. I can get these on my phone!

Hugs, MJ
Old 06-20-2010, 03:24 AM

OOOHHH Purplemem so sorry to hear about all that. But do as the doctors say and stay in the house. The weather has been crazy hot around here (NC) also lately. I almost can't stand the heat anymore.

I sure hope that you start feeling better soon.
Mish
Old 06-20-2010, 06:25 AM

MJ. I'm so sorry to hear how everything has loaded up all at once. Please take care of yourself. I'll be praying for you, your folks, and your family.

Blessings,
Jen
Old 06-20-2010, 09:53 AM

*HUGS* Purplemem ... thoughts and prayers your way!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:18 PM

Purplemom,
I am so sorry you are going through such a rough time, I thought something must be up when we hadn't heard from you.
I wish I were near where I could help or at least come visit and give you a quilt lift now and then.
I hope you are feeling better soon.
Hugs,Muriel
Old 06-20-2010, 03:36 PM

I just now realized that I forgot to mention that I got a wonderful wonderfully beautiful block on Friday from Janecat! Here is a picture:

[IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...618JaneCat.jpg[/IMG]

Isn't she lovely? I thank you so much Janecat ... I love it!!!

I will be mailing two blocks ... Neoma and Mosher92 this week (Monday or Tuesday). I will be sending you my F8s (looking for the ones I need to cut) and I also owe LovingIsabella a F8.

If I've missed anyone, please let me know.