Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My First Dear Jane Blocks >

My First Dear Jane Blocks

My First Dear Jane Blocks

Old 06-19-2010, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by LaurieE
Congratulations on starting the Dear Jane quilt. I started one many years ago. I'm still working on it. I work on it for a while, then put it down for a while, etc.

Be sure to visit this blog . She gives wonderful step by step instructions on how to put the blocks together. In a few cases, she even re-made the paper pieced block for easier construction.
Yes isn't her blog great? I really like how she numbers the templates to make it easier to PP in the right order so all your seams aren't on the same side, I would have a hard time with that part myself. :)

I think I will end being like you, go strong on it for a while, then set it aside for other projects, then start up again. :) I am cool with that though!!

Rachel
Old 06-19-2010, 09:22 AM

I congratulate you. It makes me sweat just thinking about starting a project like that. And you're doing two!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:32 AM

OMG, what an ambitious project!! Great start, took me awhile to find that block in your pattern. Will be waiting to see this one when it is finished.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Banned

very very pretty
Old 06-19-2010, 10:22 AM

Oh pretty!! :D You are going to enjoy making all of these lovely blocks for your Dear Jane project. Do keep us updated as you make further progress. I will be waiting, patiently!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 06-19-2010, 10:32 AM

Those are lovely blocks. It will be 2 beautiful quilts!!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 10:34 AM

I was just looking at the Dear Jane quilts last night. I really want to start one, but I'm still pretty new to quilting! Looks tough! Your blocks look wonderful!
Old 06-19-2010, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by athenagwis
Hi all!! I am so excited to be starting a Dear Jane quilt, I am not sure how quickly i will get it done, but it'll be fun to work on it anyway. I have been talking with all the girls that are doing it together here on the board, and they have been so helpful!! I don't think I can catch up to their schedule, but it'll still be fun to have them for support!! Anyway i wanted to share my designs and my first blocks here if you don't mind!! I am making two quilts at once, the rainbow one will be my test quilt, it will be made with muslin and scraps and will give me the chance to practice the blocks before I make my real quilt the blue and orange one. I had fun making these blocks, it is M-11. Not too too hard, I only had to unsew once!! :) The blocks aren't perfect, but I am totally okay with that LOL If you aren't familiar with Dear Jane, these blocks will finish at 4.5 inches, so the pieces are small.

Thanks for looking and reading all that!!
Cheers!
Rachel
I am a neewbie and have never heard of Dear Jane before but I am very impressed with your first blocks!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:32 AM

Looks great!
Old 06-19-2010, 12:12 PM

oh wow! I love the rainbow layout plan----but the blue and orange reminds me of the Broncos, and my Daddy was a Denver fan :) Both are going to be really beautiful! I hope you continue to post your progress! It will be fun to watch your quilt grow!! Good job on the squares! I have ventured that small...yet..maybe someday!