Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Please help me calm down ... >

Please help me calm down ...

Please help me calm down ...

Old 06-19-2010, 05:48 PM

After asking her twice I would have call the police and the wrecker company
Old 06-19-2010, 06:23 PM

I am sorry you are gooing through this. What an emotional rollercoaster ride for you. I can't even imagine.
I was at an Estate/Tag sale yesterday and today and the neighbors had their driveway set with orange cones. Most of the other neighbors were not having a problem. As far as staying at home, I would have left the moment my driveway was clear, parked my trash cans in the entrance to the driveway and gone for a good cry and cup of coffee and found some chocolate or a sweet roll.

(((((HUGS)))))
Old 06-19-2010, 09:41 PM

I can feel your pain and frustration and am so sorry. I'm sorry that you lost such a good friend. That's difficult enough to go through, much less what they are doing. Many people just don't think or care and that's sad. They are definately not a professional company; if they were, they would know better. I guarantee you, that if it was THEIR house, they wouldn't like it either! I would be sure to write down the company's name and report them to the BBB. Perhaps, if you can, get out of the house and go somewhere by yourself so you can grieve privately for a little while without having to deal with what they're doing. It sounds like you need some alone time. After you grieve some, consider taking yourself out to dinner or a movie that you want to see. Doing something different, will allow your mind to focus on something else and not focus on how crude and unprofessional they''re being. I would do something that would "take me away" - a movie, a museum you like, a new restaurant, a new store. So sorry you're going through this. Hugs to you.
CherylR
Old 06-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Power Poster

I want to thank each and every one of you that posted. Even though my head is reeling this morning, I am doing better. It really helped to have someone to talk to while I was so upset. So, Thanks cyber friends, you were a comfort.
My friend's things are someplace that they will be loved, I know. It was just so hard to watch the feeding frenzy and to see how mean and thoughtless people can act. No wonder they commissioned out the job to a heartless jerk of a woman!
Old 06-20-2010, 08:04 AM

She does this professionally? I agree with calling the BBB and also contacting the family of your friend (or asking them at the memorial for a contact number since that probably would not be the appropriate time to address your concerns) to let them know how awful she was. If you are in a smaller town, maybe writing a letter to the editor of your local paper might help.

BTW... what did the police say when you called them?
Old 06-20-2010, 08:22 AM
JJs
Banned

I think if you look at the situation, what you are really upset about is the fact that the woman's family did not want/appreciate her things and that they had a total stranger disposing of them.

When the LQS opened in the next county over some grown children of a woman brought in some hand made/hand quilted GORGEOUS quilts and a dahlia top and asked the owner did she want them because otherwise they were just going to throw them on the burn pile because "they use real blankets".

I know that when my time comes that my children will look at some of the things that have a meaning to me and wonder why I kept/have them and that things dear to me will be disposed of - thankfully, they won't toss the quilts (I'd come back and haunt them!) but they won't be able to absorb my stuff into theirs.
The same thing is going to happen with my mother's things (she's almost 92 and in a nursing home) - my brother has already thrown out tons of her stuff and my dad's stuff - did I have the opportunity to even look to see what he was tossing? NO - because he's the one my mother has chosen, lo these many years to be in charge of it....

guess I'm rambling but maybe there's a point in all the wandering around...
Old 06-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Power Poster

When my Mom died, there was no way that the three of us could absorb all the stuff she had into our homes.

There were some things that "got away" from me that I wish I had claimed - there were issues with one of the siblings - but there were very few things that Mom had that I had seriously wanted while she was living.

I'm still asking myself why some of the things still seem to matter now - - -

Who knows what the people that attended the auction were thinking? (They got some doggone good deals/steals that day)
Old 06-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

Call the police. It is your RIGHT to have a clear driveway. Good grief......what if you had an emergency???
Old 06-20-2010, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
I am just praying I can get though this day without snapping at someone. I hate hurting anyones feelings. I am tring to stay away from the front of my house and stay cool. I think the one lady parker set me off by being a smart_ _ _ to me about it. Boy... people can be so dang thoughtless!

If you lived closer, I could send my Rottweiler over there......
Old 06-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Banned

i'd just call the police