Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UGH!!!!! >

UGH!!!!!

UGH!!!!!

Old 06-22-2010, 06:01 AM

I loved the Piece Goods shop in Huntington WV: 1960's. I'm sorry to read about JoAnn's downturn in service.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:13 AM

And what IS your age Patrice?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by fayedear
May I vent please?? Why is it when Joann's gives you a 50 precent off coupon there are so many restrictions...? I hate it when I go there to use a coupon and any and everything I want is either already on "sale" or is not allowable for the coupon.. Just makes me so mad..Joann's is the only shop close to me and I hate it...
Ok I am better now...

Faye in Ohio
I am so glad that I am not the only one that gets frustrated by that I have went so many times and of course everything I want is already on sale so the coupons dont do know good I have even complained to the manager about this
Old 06-22-2010, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
They didn't even send me a flyer this month! I'm really going to miss going to the store and coming out upset because I couldn't use my coupon. :thumbdown:
:lol:

try being my age and dealing with coupons. i can't see the teeny tiny print anymore. i don't even know what they won't let me have. double-bummer :lol:
Try putting the coupon on the scanner and blowing it up in size (not literally lol) to where you can read it.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by mrspete
I know what you mean. I went yesterday and the lady asked if I had the circular with my name on it? I said no, no need and she said well there is a lot of stuff 30% off and I said I know. I took the sign off the shelf where I got my six bolts to have cuttings done. And as I left the cutting table they tried to take my sign. At the register, the lady was frowning and saying well if you don't bring them in you won't get a (meaning a single discount) discount. I said, oh but, last week or last time I was here I had one of your infamous 50% off coupons and you took it off my spool of thread, not my seven yard purchase. She said oh you are wrong it always takes it off the highest purchased item. I said, H---, no it didn't. Your man here took it off the thread. I asked him and he said, 'that is the way it is done.' So she started to reach for the 30% off sign and I said, go ahead and ring up the purchase. So she did, and I asked how many 30% offs is listed? She said one. I said I bought six pieces from that section. NO WHERE does it say only one item. The whole shelf was 30% off and I expect you to cancel this purchase and RE RING IT. She did and she is much older and should have known better. I miss Piece Goods and some of the other older dry good stores. I got my 30% discount, but it is a shame you have to fight for discounts. Why be on a mailing list????? When it comes to bargain hunting, I need a license and a class with a certificate to present at purchase !

Blessings,
Ruth
Good for you. I hope there was a LONG line of people waiting behind you to see how they s***w a customer who is not paying attention.

One time it happened to me at Jo Ann's, but I didn't notice until I was in my car. One item had been rung up incorrectly, and the coupon had been applied to the least expensive item. I marched right back into the store, didn't wait in line and asked for the manager. I asked her if it's their policy to ring things up incorrectly and to take the discount from the least expensive item. She turned red and said no to both. There WAS a line of women waiting, and they heard every word I said.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by hobo2000
Went to JoAnn's yesterday and the regional manager was there greeting people. I made a comment about the coupons and found something interesting. Even if something is marked 20% or 30% off you can use your coupon to get 50% or in my case 50% OFF THE ORIGINAL PRICE. I actually used my coupon on scissors I really wanted and got my 50% off even though they were marked down 20%. Still saved me big time.
Huh?! Did you get that in writing?? They've never let me use a coupon on a sale item. Good for you! :thumbup:
Old 06-22-2010, 07:51 AM

I know what you mean. I have learned to use mine for things that usually are not on sale. Quilt books, rotary mats, blades, rulers. Basically everything except fabric.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:55 AM

About a year ago, the Joann's near me installed the new cash registers. Has anyone else noticed that it's almost impossible to read the screen as things are rung up? No wonder we don't catch mistakes until we leave the store!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:59 AM

Joann's never gets to me with their restrictions. But I do laugh at myself getting excited because something's NOT on sale--or being disappointed because it is.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by hobo2000
Went to JoAnn's yesterday and the regional manager was there greeting people. I made a comment about the coupons and found something interesting. Even if something is marked 20% or 30% off you can use your coupon to get 50% or in my case 50% OFF THE ORIGINAL PRICE. I actually used my coupon on scissors I really wanted and got my 50% off even though they were marked down 20%. Still saved me big time.
I was told months ago that JoAnn's no longer lets you get the coupon discount on the original price. I use their coupons from the paper, on-line, flyers & Michael's and most of the time I find something I can use - they come in handy when you want to stock up on certain items. But it is disappointing when 3/4 of their stock is on sale and you can't use the coupons. I like JoAnn's - I refuse to pay $10/yard at the quilt shops.