Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have You Ever Bought the Same Fabric Twice? >

Have You Ever Bought the Same Fabric Twice?

Have You Ever Bought the Same Fabric Twice?

Old 06-22-2010, 04:30 AM

Yep, me too. I guess that means I really like the fabric. I'll probably do it again too. Oh well! Helps my stash!
Old 06-22-2010, 04:43 AM
Banned

Yep! Just did it in the last month! I htought I didn't have any left even though I have all my fabrics organized and very visible. I now have more than enough, but may make a quilt instead of the little things I was going to make!
I also now have photos of all my fabrics that are 1/2 yard or more so I can look and see if I have it BEFORE I buy more!
Old 06-22-2010, 04:44 AM

I've done it several times. But one time I didn't know it until it was too late. I had made one of Kaye Woods' starmaker triangle log cabin quilts about 20 years ago, got down to one strip about 2" by 8" and no more fabric. They still had it at the store and I could have gone and bought more but I thought "Grandma Mac would turn over in her grave if I went to the store to get more fabric", so I pieced that one little strip. It took 4 itty bitty scraps to peice a section big enough to make that strip. I was so proud of myself. The day I got the binding on I found 3 yards of the same fabric in a closet that had been bought at a different time. It was a good lesson in keeping all my fabric in the same room.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:57 AM

Yes, I've done this too. I bought a couple pieces online and when it came, I found one of the prints to look very familiar. I looked and sure enough, I'd already bought 6 repeats of one of them to make a OBW for some placemats a while before. Oh well, now I have lots to do with, whatever I decide. I think this just reinforces the idea that we are consistent in our fabric choices! :lol:
Old 06-22-2010, 05:04 AM

Isn't getting younger wonderful!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:11 AM

Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! I have done this several times. And I have bought the same quilt book several times too. I just have so many, I forget what I have!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by bizybess
I've done it several times. But one time I didn't know it until it was too late. I had made one of Kaye Woods' starmaker triangle log cabin quilts about 20 years ago, got down to one strip about 2" by 8" and no more fabric. They still had it at the store and I could have gone and bought more but I thought "Grandma Mac would turn over in her grave if I went to the store to get more fabric", so I pieced that one little strip. It took 4 itty bitty scraps to peice a section big enough to make that strip. I was so proud of myself. The day I got the binding on I found 3 yards of the same fabric in a closet that had been bought at a different time. It was a good lesson in keeping all my fabric in the same room.
now that's funny!!!! It so could have been me! :lol:
Old 06-22-2010, 05:29 AM

I am so glad that I am not the only one who has done this!!! Guilty!!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:11 AM

yep! I also have bought the same pattern.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:22 AM

Another "Me too." I'm sure it's because I like it and subconsciously know I need more. :lol: What gets to me is the fabric I decide I really, really like and want more of and it's not around anymore. I keep myself on a fairly tight budget so don't buy more than a yard or two of a fabric on "speculation" that I'll find a use for it. Unless I like it a lot.