computer virus

Old 06-23-2010, 03:45 AM

HI all, just wondering if anyone else has had recent virus infections? I have opened a few links on the links and resources on here and got viruses 2 times in the last 2 weeks as I entered the links.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:47 AM

My DH has our virus protection set pretty high. I can't open anything with a virus in it. I have heard that Utube is horrible about spreading disease.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:51 AM
Banned

Yes I did! Be careful what you open! Ask me how I know. :oops:
Old 06-23-2010, 03:55 AM

my computer got a bad virus months ago..wiped out my computer,lost document, address, and pictures.
my virus protection is top notch.i update malaware and super-anti spyware every other day,both of those are freeware.
i learned the hard way to back up everything on my computer on a seperate storage unit.
i don't open links in emails. i have friends and family that think thier computer is is 2 grand joke book. they are blocked.
so far, i have never gotten a virus from any links posted here..
now if i can just get my husband to do the same, i will be a happy person!

there was a big discussion about virus' months ago, here. if you do a search, you can read all about them..
Old 06-23-2010, 04:07 AM

My computer blocked 2 virus's yesterday. I don't know where I picked them up at. My DH does all the computer work around here. He has security set real high. I run ad aware almost daily to wipe the cookies off too. Don't know why, but I pick up alot of cookies off the board. Anyone else notice that?
Old 06-23-2010, 05:35 AM

I also about a month ago had problems. I don't think we realize how many sites that we visit off the board that can be infected. After running Nortons and ad-ware I still had problems. Then someone on the board suggested Malwarebytes and I installed it and ran it and the problem has cleared up.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by momymom
Don't know why, but I pick up alot of cookies off the board. Anyone else notice that?
I have mine set to ask before cluttering mine up with cookies. This site has new cookie requests with every ad at the bottom of the page. They sure add up!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:52 AM
Power Poster

I am pretty picky about what links I open, here and elsewhere...
A virus has to be found, and a fix created before our antivirus programs can do their job :wink: and by this time they could be all over the internet...
Old 06-23-2010, 07:57 AM
Power Poster

And if you read the last post about this , it really wasn't a virus , but a nasty anti-virus trying to scare you into buying their product. Please contact Admin with as many details as you can as he was working on it :thumbup:

I also go to very few links ..... they take you out of this site, to who knows where and goodness knows what you might pick up .
Old 06-23-2010, 08:25 AM

Norton did find a virus on mine on Monday. Don't know where I got it, but here & another Quilt Forum was the only place I had been that day. It could have came in through an email I guess.